1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

i might have messed up my phone!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by lukasz, May 19, 2010.

1. lukasz

lukasz New Member

i rooted my droid and i tried to install bugless through the rom manger from the android market. everything was going smooth but now when it tried to turn on it just goes into the droid screen then the red eye comes on and then it goes back to droid then the eye. it just does that and keeps repeating. i turned the phone off. i tried to hold down x but now a different program comes up its called clock something?? it wont let me restore and when i found my file to restore right after i rooted, the phone said the file cannot be found?....if anyone knows what may be wrong and if there's a way to fix it i'd appreciate your info. thanks
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

The program you see when holding the X and power is Clockwork. It should allow you to restore backups made via Clockwork.

Lets recap you rooted, downloaded rom manager (free and premium), then used rom manager to install Bugless Beast. Is that correct?

Rom manager should have asked you if you wanted to do a backup and wipe. Hopefully, you clicked both? If so, rom manager creates a backup which it names
    2010-05-99.99.99.99(time-of-day). This file will be stored on your sd card in the Clockworkmod, backup.

That is the file you need to restore via clcokwork. If I understand correctly, your clockwork is not locating the backup. When you boot into clockwork, what did you select?

Mike
    Did you do a wipe of data?
  3. lukasz

lukasz New Member

i just fixed it i rebooted the whole device and now i have bb up and its awesome. thanks for your help. now this wont be as hard with your help. do you know how to install dark edge gold? i was watching the video but its really didnt help.
  4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I believe Dark Edge Gold is a theme. If you continue with Rom Manager tap download rom, locate the theme you want and download. Once the download is compete move the notification bar down, tap the download and rom manager will install. I suggest making a backup (rom manager should prompt you). You should not need to do a wipe unless the theme recommends. Just make sure the theme you download is compatible with your rom
  5. lukasz

lukasz New Member

i cant seem to find dark edge on rom manager. it might be so new that it isnt on there
  6. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

It isn't on ROM manager because the devs don't want it on there. You can try the version of Dark edge under the Team Chaos section of this forum, since many have said that it works for them.
  7. B-Unit

B-Unit New Member

Be warned that while DarkEdge looks and functions amazingly, the install process is tedious at best. Be prepared to devote at least a couple of hours if you plan on installing it.
  8. justin82

justin82 Super Moderator Premium Member

agree with them.. i did not know they had a working darkedge theme for BB.. i don't follow real closely.. agree read the directions for the post make sure you understand them.. Team chaos is and update.zip format but the true darkedge is not.. it is MM with some computer work involved..
    the theme is worth the time.. if they get something like that working for UD roms that would be great..
  9. lukasz

lukasz New Member

I was watching the video and it seemed really hard to do. This is why I don't want to try untilled I am sure I can do it, I had a scare today when my Droid wasn't running right so I don't want that to actaully happen and not fix. I've seem some members with Bb and dark edge. I just don't have enough instruction on how to install it. I will look up the thread that you offered.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page

droid bionic red eye is messed up

numbers on active notification clock on droid maxx messing u