I messed up BAD

1FZFE

Reaction score
I wish i could execute the apk from my laptop, don't think thats going to happen

You can push the CWM image with fastboot. But that requires your computer to recognize the phone in fastboot. At some point it did, because thats how you rooted.

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
You can push the CWM image with fastboot. But that requires your computer to recognize the phone in fastboot. At some point it did, because thats how you rooted.

You are correct, before this fiasco it was recognized at fastboot. I am going to try it again after I put a little one to sleep. I will be back with updates soon. Thank you for your help

1FZFE

Reaction score
No problem. Once you get the drivers sorted out and the phone recognized, the rest is easy. The tutorials are really spot on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
No problem. Once you get the drivers sorted out and the phone recognized, the rest is easy. The tutorials are really spot on.

Yes...we have recognition in fastboot mode!! do you have a link on how to push CWM to phone?

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
K so my current status is "connected in fastboot mode" I am interested in pushing CWM to phone in this state. However after scouring the internet I am not able to locate specific instructions on how to get this accomplished. Anyone feel me?

1FZFE

Reaction score
Its in the galaxy developer forum here under the official clockwork mod recovery thread. Sorry, I'm on my phone and don't know how to link.

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
It only explains how to do it on the handset, I don't have that capability

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
ok well, i guess I will attempt to go back to stock. This CWM push doesn't look like its going to happen. PANIC, I feel like I am driving blindfolded:icon_eek:, I will continue to post as I goof this up

(don't die little gnex, I haven't even gotten to know you)

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
OK it doesnt say what command to enter after the command prompt is open??? Am I supposed to be in normal mode or fastboot??? :angry: not that anyone is reading this anymore. But if you are PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now for the adb/fastboot commands... (plug your phone into your computer and make sure you have USB Debugging enabled)

Three quick notes... First, this will wipe your phone, internal storage included. Second, #6 took a few minutes for me, so don't panic - all the others went quickly. Second, if you just want to wipe your phone clean and start with a completely clean factory slate, but maintain the unlocked bootloader, stop after #8.

Ok... if it's [blue, italicized and in brackets, it's not a part of the commands]
  1. adb reboot bootloader
  2. fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-toro-primekk15.img
  3. fastboot reboot-bootloader
  4. fastboot flash radio radio-toro-i515.ek02.img
  5. fastboot reboot-bootloader
  6. fastboot flash radio-cdma radio-cdma-toro-i515.ek05.img [might hang for a few]
  7. fastboot reboot-bootloader
  8. fastboot -w update image-mysid-icl53f.zip [If it doesn't reboot, #9 and #10 will work. If it does reboot, log in, enable usb debugging, and for #9 use "adb reboot bootloader" instead, then proceed to #10. Also, stop after #8 if you want to maintain the unlocked bootloader]
  9. fastboot reboot-bootloader
  10. fastboot oem lock
Now restart by highlighting "Start" and pressing the lock/power button.

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
not be be dramatic or anything but I am now in a full sweat over this. non of this is making any sense to me at this point, I have read 4 or 5 different things I can do, but nothing is working. Or im not working it correctly. Can anyone revive my $649 paperweight?

sincerely
freak'd out

ps remember that my gnex has NO keyboard (freakin sweet huh?)

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
ok who is for me typing some random code in to the command promt?

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
U can send yourself an email with root to gmail, copy and paste into market scroll till you see ROM manager download, backup a page to the search again and scroll till u see root explorer

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
U can send yourself an email with root to gmail, copy and paste into market scroll till you see ROM manager download, backup a page to the search again and scroll till u see root explorer

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
Phone isnt connected to gmail, because there is no option to sign in...even if there was I can't type
only thing this phone can do is make calls...touch works (no contacts though)