I may have bricked my Droid X and need some help

coachdport

Reaction score
I have had my phone for a little under a year. I have been rooted and unrooted several times before for various reasons. I have recently switch pc operating systems from windows to ubuntu decided to flash the .602 sbf found on the google site. I was using the sbf_flash script. It got about 1/2 way through the process and said it had an error and couldn't continue. No my phone is stuck at a black screen that says: Bootloader 30.04 Code Corrupt Battery Low Cannot Program.

My battery was fully charged before I started the flash and this happened last night, so I left phone plugged into my computer all night to charge and it still says this message this morning. I have pulled the battery and it continues to show this message. Anyone have any ideas. I still have access to a windows pc that I have used to flash with RSDLite before, but I can't get the phone into a working bootloader screen to do that. So what do ya'll think? Am I screwed?

leftspin

Reaction score
you're not screwed. the problem is the battery won't charge in bootloader, the only way to get it to charge is to boot the phone normally. You're gonna need to borrow someone else's battery and use that or borrow someone's phone to charge yours and try the SBF flash again

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Like leftspin said you are going to need another battery or way to charge your current one.

But I must ask did you have it in bootloader for a while? Normally when I SBF I start when fully charged just in case something happens and I need time to trouble shoot. When I am done I have typically 80 or 90% remaining. I am wondering if possibly your battery could be shot.

OP
C

coachdport

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. This phone is a little on the old side, and I have been having some battery problems before this stuff happened. I'll be getting another battery later on today and getting it charged and then try again. I'll keep you posted on how things turn out. Again thank you.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Definitely let us know. And if you do not feel like getting a new battery then see what you can do about getting yours charged etc. I would feel bad if you bought another battery from my suggestion and it was not necessary. IMO it is always good to have an extra, especially the way that Android phones can be quite the battery hog at times.

OP
C

coachdport

Reaction score
A quick question. If I pull the battery and not boot into the bootloader, why will the phone not charge then? No one at my work has a droid x, so I'm trying to figure an alternate way.

leftspin

Reaction score
A quick question. If I pull the battery and not boot into the bootloader, why will the phone not charge then? No one at my work has a droid x, so I'm trying to figure an alternate way.

The phone needs to boot into the operating system to actually charge. Yes, it is really freaking annoying.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The phone needs to boot into the operating system to actually charge. Yes, it is really freaking annoying.

+1

Very annoying! There is a way to "McGuyver" it and charge the battery but it involves splicing wires and making direct contact. I have not done it since it kind of freaks me out a bit.

leftspin

Reaction score
+1

Very annoying! There is a way to "McGuyver" it and charge the battery but it involves splicing wires and making direct contact. I have not done it since it kind of freaks me out a bit.

I did it when I bricked my phone with the battery around 20% and needed to SBF, but I wouldn't recommend it unless it's absolutely necessary, the whole thing kind of freaks me out too haha