I love the gnex battery

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, you just flashed a new rom too. Which could definitely have something to do with it. They definitely seem settle in a bit after a day or so.

It was an update of the same rom but yeah, could be some code changes that don't play nice with my phone

The battery life and times of a Galaxy Nexus as told by a phone hacker :in love: :big smile: :nerd:

orion2001

Reaction score
I don't think anyone who knew about what the battery stats file really is, claimed that it would improve your battery life. What it does do though, is improve the reporting of your battery stats so that they more accurately reflect the true state of your battery. This in turn can effectively result in what looks to be longer battery life, but what it really is doing is giving you more accurate feedback, so you are in a better position to judge your phone performance with relation to battery drain.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I don't think anyone who knew about what the battery stats file really is, claimed that it would improve your battery life. What it does do though, is improve the reporting of your battery stats so that they more accurately reflect the true state of your battery. This in turn can effectively result in what looks to be longer battery life, but what it really is doing is giving you more accurate feedback, so you are in a better position to judge your phone performance with relation to battery drain.

Not even that, according to the article:

It has no impact on the current battery level shown to you. It has no impact on your battery life.

305rev305

Reaction score
Why is my Android OS taking so much???
a6f9c8d2-a05c-5483.jpg

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why is my Android OS taking so much???

Here's what I recently learned about the android os, if you let the screen time out as opposed to pressing the power button you will drop that percentage significantly - something about not everything shutting down correctly, I've noticed a drop throughout my time not pressing the power button but I did have to retrain myself not to use it

Droidrookie84

Reaction score
I wonder if the galaxy nexus will get a battery that is about the size of the droid razor max? I also don't want it to be real thick in size. Something better than the 2100 mah.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

martytoo

Reaction score
Here's what I recently learned about the android os, if you let the screen time out as opposed to pressing the power button you will drop that percentage significantly - something about not everything shutting down correctly, I've noticed a drop throughout my time not pressing the power button but I did have to retrain myself not to use it

So letting it time out is better?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Battery life so far on my Nexus. I had class all day yesterday and did not use it much today:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dschleis

Reaction score
This is with light use (for me anyway). Yea, I would say battery life is decent on this thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Shad0w0fDeth

Reaction score
I wonder if the galaxy nexus will get a battery that is about the size of the droid razor max? I also don't want it to be real thick in size. Something better than the 2100 mah.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Highly doubt it. Remember Motorola (OEM) designed the extended battery and designed the phone to fit their slim phone. I just received my Seidio extended battery for my nexus, it makes it a bit bigger but honestly it still doesn't look as huge my thunderbolt did.

Last edited: