i love the droid, but it has the dumbest issue

stacks04

Reaction score
i did not search as i wasnt sure what to search for. here is the issue, when on the phone if i try to put the phone between my ear and shoulder the other user cant hear me. if i hold the phone to my ear its fine. if i hold it to my ear and lean crooked as if it was on my shoulder it is fine. it only screws up the microphone when physically on my shoulder. anyone else having a similar issue????

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol, I think you need to design a special holder if you want to do that. Gotta hold the Droid in your hand, no way around it.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i use my shoulder to hold my phone pretty much every day and have never had such issues....

are you sure your not accidentally hitting the mute button?

hondaguy520

Reaction score
I use the shoulder technique and I have accidently hit mute, or the end key, other than that it's fine, try pressing home then lock right when your in a call

oatmealboy

Reaction score
I recall reading somewhere that on the back of the phone near the headphone jack, there is a noise-canceling mic, and that it should not be covered by anything. In fact, my Seidio Innocase has an opening for that very spot. It's a very small notch.

butch350

Reaction score
i did not search as i wasnt sure what to search for. here is the issue, when on the phone if i try to put the phone between my ear and shoulder the other user cant hear me. if i hold the phone to my ear its fine. if i hold it to my ear and lean crooked as if it was on my shoulder it is fine. it only screws up the microphone when physically on my shoulder. anyone else having a similar issue????

Solution: Don't put the Droid between your ear and should. Or maybe there is an app for that?

ldimick

Reaction score

Solution: Don't put the Droid between your ear and should. Or maybe there is an app for that?

Or a BT headset.:icon_ banana::icon_ devil:

crspang

Reaction score
Its the noise canceling software. If you block the mic on the back or don't speak clearly into the front mic you'll sound muffled.