i love my droid

moship

Reaction score
Hi everybody
Glad to be a new member of the Droid forum
I'm sure I will learn a lot from all the members
I own a Motorola Droid and absolutely love it.
My contract is up in Feb of 2012 and I'm looking
forward to update my Droid. I live in farm country
in michigan where there still is no high speed internet.
So my little Droid is the pot of gold to me. So I have
been trying to do a lot of research on which model to buy next.
chances of 4g LTE coming here are slim. I'm interested. In Droid bionic.
I'm also concerned about the problems of the switching between
3g and 4g networks. I have not read if these issues have
been resolved. Also thinking of Droid x2 which has 3g only. Any advice
is greatly appreciated. I'm going to be using it for the next two years so
would hopefully make a good choice. I will say this; once you use
a Droid I just couldn't imagine life without it.
Thanks

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
:welcome: to the forum. I suggest going to a store, if possible, and getting some hands on with the phones. But by the time your contract is up, there should be some more nice phones out.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

B

bens42608

Welcome, my fellow Michigander. I love my bionic and there is a leaked update that fixed everything for me but by then the official one will be out and hopefully ice cream sandwich! But a couple months is a long time in the mobile world so you will no doubt have many more phones to choose from by then. But bionic wont be outdated for a long time. It can handle more than most can throw at it. Price is good too. Good luck

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
M

moship

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm ok with last years model they are generally less expensive. I am wondering if you guys know if the toggle issue between 3g and 4g had been fixed. I live in am area that probably wont have 4g available for a while. Is it a problem to have a 4g phone?battery draining fast or even 3g drooping as well. Thank you so much.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DroidForums!! Happy to have you with us :)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm ok with last years model they are generally less expensive. I am wondering if you guys know if the toggle issue between 3g and 4g had been fixed. I live in am area that probably wont have 4g available for a while. Is it a problem to have a 4g phone?battery draining fast or even 3g drooping as well. Thank you so much.

I have a Razr in a non 4g area and my battery is much better without 4g running..and the speeds are ridiculously fast even with the 3g ...So I wouldn't worry about that. Welcome all Android friends! And hello there Mr JSM...:)

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

OP
M

moship

Reaction score
I have a Razr in a non 4g area and my battery is much better without 4g running..and the speeds are ridiculously fast even with the 3g ...So I wouldn't worry about that. Welcome all Android friends! And hello there Mr JSM...:)

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

Ok. So can the 4g be turned off so it wont use battery? In reviews I have read there seems to be an issue with that. Or has that been fixed. Thanks

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol..its the name of the up and coming Android OS by Google...Its been named as the rest by pastries and such...lol

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok. So can the 4g be turned off so it wont use battery? In reviews I have read there seems to be an issue with that. Or has that been fixed. Thanks

I haven't even touched those settings....lol Mine just runs the 3g out of box...I will play around with the settings later though and get back to you. I can say this. It can't be running in background as my battery life is much better than those on 4g...And yes you do have the choice to disconnect or turn off 4g when not in use. Though this may be the issue some are having. Mine doesn't drop data anymore since I returned the first one...the new swap has been all good. There are some bad ones out of box for sure. But just check it over when you get it charged to 100%...

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

EPIC.DROOOIID

Reaction score
welcome! :) i would suggest the RAZR, but many good Droids are out there, and alot are upcoming.dancedroid