I love how fast this phone is!

MrKleen

Reaction score
One of the things I love most about the Thunderbolt is how fast it does everything.

I do a lot of surfing so the speed increase with this phone is very noticeable and appreciated. But not only is internet surfing faster but so is everything else. It all adds up when you are using the phone heavy. Even when I use the voice to text feature the text pops up instantly instead of "thinking" most of the time.

To date this is my favorite phone.

The only thing I miss is my Droid X keyboard :)

km04

Reaction score
yeah, it is a dramtic difference coming over from a blackberry!

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Agreed. I come from a Droid 1 and even with 1.25Ghz kernels, this phone (at 1.0Ghz) blows the Droid 1 away in smoothness and speed. I've installed a De-Sensed rom (Das BAMF 1.4) and this thing just flies. I'm on hour 22 and still at 26% battery life. Just insane.

RVC

Reaction score
I'm having some trouble with mine. Its really slow and sluggish on the internet and downloading market items. My DX was much faster for some reason.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score
I'm having some trouble with mine. Its really slow and sluggish on the internet and downloading market items. My DX was much faster for some reason.

Market downloads are like a flash.

First I would try a battery pull. If that doesn't help I would do a factory data reset. Your phone should be super fast.

At the moment I am on I-77 halfway between Cleveland and Akron and the 4g is maxed!

Last edited:

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
You can't expect a phone to operate fast if you load it up with a ton of crapware. Just like I can go out and buy the fastest computer at $10,000+ and it will be slower than my current computer if I load a ton of <cough> on it. Uninstall apps that you don't need/use, and yeah, if you're running ebuddy, and all those other apps that run in the background, expect your phone to be slower. Put 900+ pounds in a corvette and the 0-60mph will be affected.

This phone flies. Even with a ton of stuff on it, it was faster than anything. I compared it to my friend's Droid II and pffft, no contest in speed difference. Just go to the camera for example. Huge difference in lag between Droid II and Thunderbolt.

RVC

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't load my phones up with useless and crap apps. The phone is new.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Try a restart like MrKleen suggested - that usually closes any app trying to steal CPU cycles. If that doesn't work, would recommend a factory reset, also like MrKleen said. :/

RVC

Reaction score
Sounds good, I will give that a shot. Something else I noticed is that its not always slow. Sometimes its fast....I know that's gonna depend on your signal etc but I figured it would be more consistent. Its either super slow or fast. Of coarse we don't have 4g.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Sounds good, I will give that a shot. Something else I noticed is that its not always slow. Sometimes its fast....I know that's gonna depend on your signal etc but I figured it would be more consistent. Its either super slow or fast. Of coarse we don't have 4g.

That is why it's the same speed as your DX. Once you're in 4G, the market will flash downloading and then installed.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

Market downloads are like a flash.

First I would try a battery pull. If that doesn't help I would do a factory data reset. Your phone should be super fast.

At the moment I am on I-77 halfway between Cleveland and Akron and the 4g is maxed!
How's the traffic in Fairlawn? :) I'm glad that corridor has 4G.