I love finally being able to have a phone without needing a case...

jrl9851

Reaction score
I always put cases on my previous phones because if you scratch the back, that's it. Nothing you can do about it. However, with the fascinate I can scratch the back all I want and just buy a brand new battery cover ($10 on ebay) to make it look brand new again.

Just another thing I love about this phone. :)

minmongoblin

Reaction score
I got a rubber-type skin for it, because the back is SLICK as hell. It would easily be flung if I didn't have it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I always put cases on my previous phones because if you scratch the back, that's it. Nothing you can do about it. However, with the fascinate I can scratch the back all I want and just buy a brand new battery cover ($10 on ebay) to make it look brand new again.

I doubt they are still ding this but the back cover for the Motorola Droid was free for a while. People being people took advantage of this of course and Verizon had to stop as some people were putting their free battery covers on ebay for sale.

I see Amazon has them on sale for 10.09 for the Droid. But looking at the cover of the Fascinate I see there is more to it. OEM Samsung Extended Battery Cover Door for Samsung Fascinate SCH-i500

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score

I doubt they are still ding this but the back cover for the Motorola Droid was free for a while. People being people took advantage of this of course and Verizon had to stop as some people were putting their free battery covers on ebay for sale.

I see Amazon has them on sale for 10.09 for the Droid. But looking at the cover of the Fascinate I see there is more to it. OEM Samsung Extended Battery Cover Door for Samsung Fascinate SCH-i500

But see on the Droid the battery cover is just a small part. On the fascinate, it takes up the ENTIRE back of the phone, which is awesome because if I get a scratch anywhere on the back I can make it look brand new again.

And that link you posted is the extended battery cover. I'm talking about the OEM one.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
But see on the Droid the battery cover is just a small part. On the fascinate, it takes up the ENTIRE back of the phone, which is awesome because if I get a scratch anywhere on the back I can make it look brand new again.

And that link you posted is the extended battery cover. I'm talking about the OEM one.

Well, I didn't realize that was the extended battery cover but my point was there was much more to it then the Droids.;)

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score

Well, I didn't realize that was the extended battery cover but my point was there was much more to it then the Droids.;)

Yeah I read that again and saw what you meant. Sorry about that. :)

gbcobra

Reaction score
I would recommend some sort of case for the phone. I love the sleek and elegant design and would rather not have to replace the battery cover. I have the high gloss silicone cover for mine and its awesome. It's not your typical flimsy silicone cover rather it holds its form like the clear hard plastic cover but is still pliable and doesn't add much thickness to the phone.

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
I hate cases. Only reason I ever had them was to prevent scratches on the back. Now I have the opportunity to not use one.

Only thing that worries me a little is I'm afraid I'll scratch the camera lens.

oneiztoomany

Reaction score
I would recommend some sort of case for the phone. I love the sleek and elegant design and would rather not have to replace the battery cover. I have the high gloss silicone cover for mine and its awesome. It's not your typical flimsy silicone cover rather it holds its form like the clear hard plastic cover but is still pliable and doesn't add much thickness to the phone.

what brand of case did you get?

zero7starz

Reaction score
If you don't want a whole case, get an invisible shield. I will have to agree with the others though, this phone is SLICK.

Generalg

Reaction score
I bought the Verizon "High Gloss" black rubberized case. What I'm really hoping someone will start making is a rubberized stock battery cover so no case is needed at all. The same rubberized material used on the X for the entire back cover of the Sammy would be great!

vecchioni27

Reaction score
I actually got the over priced ZAGG...now that it is on..I still have the BEAUTIFUL fascinate without a silly looking case on it and I feel CONFIDENT that there will be no scratches to the front OR the back with the max protect one i purchased...However the screen doesnt have that glass feel to it anymore but it does prevent smudges as well as scratches obviously...also you can see that the screen is on there but its worth it knowing the phone is protected...overall i would give it a good 4/5 only loosing one for having to look at it while its on...