I lost root but still have s-off and phone won't update to 2.3.4

Reaction score
I rooted via the sticky here in this forum and everything was working fine for a while. The I think SU updated and really messed things up. I have lost root according to root check from the market and I get FC's trying to run Titanium Backup and Set CPU and some other stuff that requires root. While I had root, I changed otacerts.zip to otacerts.bak, but not sure how to change this back now that I've lost root because I think that was in a system folder. I also updated the radio to the 2.3.4 version via some other steps I found here. Not sure what to do here. I'm leaning towards wanting to return this back to stock, non-rooted with s-on and get the 2.3.4 update for now and wait for ICS to maybe come to the phone. The only reason I really rooted was to freeze some of the bloatware that is on this thing but it doesn't really slow it down too much. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Thanks!

OP
A
Reaction score
Ok, I rerooted via the above sticky and have root again. I guess I just need to not update SU from the market. I think that's what screwed it up. Now I think I'm going to look into returning this to stock so that I may get ICS when it comes out OTA. Are steps for that fairly easy?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
You aren't the only one that has had this issue. Another member posted the exact same problem. All after updating superuser. I just rooted today after using the xda method and have no issues. You might consider emailing the Su developer and let them know. Glad to see you got it worked out.

This post is Incredible 2!

OP
A
Reaction score
According to the market reviews on su lots of people are having issues.

Sent to today from yesterday using tomorrow's technology.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can try booting into recovery manually and restoring a backup. To boot manually power phone off then hold power and volume down. This will get you to hboot. Select recovery. In recovery wipe data and cache and then restore a backup. You could also flash a rom, but make sure you have a backup first.

Turn of auto updates in market and don't update superuser from market.

Sent from my Incredible 2

ki3t1995

Reaction score
If you do want to unroot your phone, use jcase's guide over at rootzwiki. It worked for me, and I'm unrooted with stock bootloader, radio, and S-ON.

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2

OP
A
Reaction score
If you do want to unroot your phone, use jcase's guide over at rootzwiki. It worked for me, and I'm unrooted with stock bootloader, radio, and S-ON.

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2

Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums