I lost my droid...can i get a new one

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
what about those amazon $20 droids with contract renewal that would be the way to go. I DGAF about being locked into a contract if I want out bad enough I'll pay the termination fee

-=jason=-

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flo and others, how much is the termination fee?

Customer Agreement
Here

-=Jason=-
What Happens if My Service Is Canceled Before the End of My Contract Term?

You're agreeing to subscribe to a line of Service either on a month–to–month basis or for a minimum contract term, as shown on your receipt or order confirmation. (If your Service is suspended without billing, that time doesn't count toward completing your contract term.) Once you've completed your contract term, you'll automatically become a customer on a month–to–month basis for that line of Service. If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device after November 14, 2009, your early termination fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. (For a complete list of advanced devices, check verizonwireless.com/advanceddevices.) Otherwise, your early termination fee will be $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then. Also, if you bought your wireless device from an authorized agent or third–party vendor, you should check if they charge a separate termination fee.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
what about those amazon $20 droids with contract renewal that would be the way to go. I DGAF about being locked into a contract if I want out bad enough I'll pay the termination fee.
Already covered above. You can't buy them unless you're eligible for renewal.

You can't get a replacement for less than the deductible. I'd love to be proven wrong with a link. "I can get a new one for $100" doesn't mean a thing without backup.

grrouchie

Reaction score
what about those amazon $20 droids with contract renewal that would be the way to go. I DGAF about being locked into a contract if I want out bad enough I'll pay the termination fee.
Already covered above. You can't buy them unless you're eligible for renewal.

You can't get a replacement for less than the deductible. I'd love to be proven wrong with a link. "I can get a new one for $100" doesn't mean a thing without backup.

yes, show me where i can get a new one for around $100 without having to get a new contract, as I would love to get one for my girl but can't afford the 350+ right now!

Thanks

rubberducky

Reaction score
You guys should look into Protect Cell or some other third party insurance. We sell it at my store, and the deductible is only $50 for the first claim and you get a brand new phone! The only thing that is a drawback is that you have to pay up front... but for 2 years on a smartphone it's only $120, compared to the ~200 you would pay over 2 years for the VZW insurance. You can also get 1 year pricing for 70.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
They will make you pay the deductible which used to be $50 but I would bet its more on the Droid.

90.00 on the Droid. :)

Not always true, mine is listed as $50

66324526.png

Last edited:

b-jammin21

Reaction score

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
90.00 on the Droid. :)

Not always true, mine is listed as $50

66324526.png
You are correct sir. I don't know what insurance aformentioned Droid owner has but mine is $50 too through Asurion. In the process of getting a new one today because I lost mine over the weekend.:censored::icon_cussing:

You guys aren't the first to tell me this. I think that some people are grandfathered in with the old deductible. Mine is definitely 90.00.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea mine is 90 too. Verizon changed the fee for smart phones. They changed ETF too. it used to be one insurance fee and ETF fee. Now they separate the regular phones from the smart phones.

I got mine april this year. Even my manufacture date is march or april of this year. On a side note, that might be why some people have problems with their droids and others don't. Earlier models probably had issues.

Last edited: