i listened and took off my app killer.

n813ca

Reaction score
After that I was not happy with 2.1 on how slow the phone was. I installed advanced task manager for free, and it is a whole new phone. SO I am sorry. I disagree. This phone needs one in my opinion.

Last edited:

MrKleen

Reaction score
After that I was not happy with 2.1 on how slow the phone was. I installed advanced task manager for free, and it is a whole new phone. SO I am sorry. I disagree. This phone needs one in my opinion.

I like advanced task manager and I do feel it has a benefit. However you need to know how to use it properly, you just can't go in and kill everything. You have to make sure you exclude the apps that either need to be running or the apps you use most often. If you just go in and kill everything and all processes you will cause yourself issues.

I exclude all items that are needed and have the Advanced Task Manager widget on my home screen and with a tap it kills all the extra stuff.

ShowTime

Reaction score

To each his own. If you feel you need it, go for it.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

If you're happy with the task manager, fine. In my experience, at least, the ATM app is one of the better versions of a sledgehammer. Nevertheless, if its use produces better performance, you are treating a symptom, not a cause.

RLJSlick

Reaction score
I can't live without App Killer, I have the feeling of complete control over my phone.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're rooted I'd recommend using Auto Killer or Auto Memory Manager instead. It modifies the native Android task manager to allow for more free memory.

mddx

Reaction score
I too am a huge fan of Advanced Task Killer.

I guess it all depends on how one uses it, but imho ..... those task killer bashers just don't get it ...

ice456789

Reaction score
If you're rooted I'd recommend using Auto Killer or Auto Memory Manager instead. It modifies the native Android task manager to allow for more free memory.

Pete's Bugless Beast v 0.9 has scripts that do the same thing. You can tell the native task manager how much free memory you want to have and it will oblige. It basically makes the native task manager more aggressive in killing tasks.

In a perfect world, the native task manager is all anyone should need. If apps are written correctly there should never be a problem or a need for an app killer. However, some apps are not written well. Most of the big developers do a great job, but a lot of the smaller guys do not. If you run a lot of apps that don't have optimized code then the native task manager may not be able to 'keep up'. If I ever WERE to use an app killer, I would just set it to kill those apps and let the native task manager handle everything else.

Darkseider

Reaction score
I too am a huge fan of Advanced Task Killer.

I guess it all depends on how one uses it, but imho ..... those task killer bashers just don't get it ...

Having used ATK and then getting rid of it and using Autokiller (memory management optimizer for root) I can never use ATK again. Regardless of the settings I used and what I excluded it always seemed to slow things down a little and the battery life was never as good as it should have been. Now I don't look at a damned thing, just use my phone and can get a solid 22-24 hours out of it with fairly heavy use.

jarby

Reaction score
I just got rid of ATK and installed BigKiller. I also use EStrongs Task Manager.
ATK hasn't been doing what it's been told to do. So, Goodbye!

I'm gonna ride this one out and see how long the battery life lasts now.

tsitalon1

Reaction score
Do any of these task killers keep a log of their activity for troubleshooting?

Darkseider

Reaction score
I just got rid of ATK and installed BigKiller. I also use EStrongs Task Manager.
ATK hasn't been doing what it's been told to do. So, Goodbye!

I'm gonna ride this one out and see how long the battery life lasts now.

The whole point of this is to remove ALL OF THEM. ATK, BigKiller, EStrongs, KillemALL, Killthisandthat, killyourdog, killyourneighbor, etc... Just get rid of them, period. Use the phone as you normally would over the course of a few days and see how it is. You will more than likely see an improvement.