I like to listen to AM radio streems. Help!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by chrstdvd, Feb 12, 2011.

1. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So title says what I like and the best app I have found so far is TuneIn Radio. The problem I have is that some of my favorite statilns locally "streem live" and are not suported in this app. I can listen on the web in Dolphin, but if I hit rhe home key and turn off the screen, I loose the feed.

My sulution so far us to get the station a'plaging hit the home key and then go to almost 0 screen brightness. Then go back into the browser.

Anyone know how I could be in a browser and listen to a feed with the acreen off? Ya know the screen eats battery.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  2. born2golf

born2golf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know that app you are using, so my answer will be more generic. Many stations are available via shoutcast streaming.A shoutcast app will run in the background unlike a browser. Finding a shoutcast is done a few ways.

1. The shoutcast player you use may have your desired station listed in it's directory/program list
    2. If your desired station is broadcasting in shoutcast via the browser, you could grab the file that launches that stream and use it to launch a stream from a shoutcast player.

I am currently using the retro radio app for this, primarily for sports radio 660AM in NYC
  3. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I found an app Shoutcast that has at least one of the stations on it and iheart that has several others. So between the three I can now listen w/o earing battery with the screen on.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page

am radio android

am radio for android

am radio on android
am radio on my phone

android am radio

how to listen am radio on android

how to listen to am radio on android

how to listen to am radio on droid

listen to am radio on android

listening to am radio on android