I like to call it the LG thunderbolt

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a tbolt as well and I agree that an extended battery does wonders for it. As far as the battery complaint, I can live with that because I can fix that with a bigger battery. I think the LG will be a good device for those looking for something else other than moto or tmobile, but all these devices lack what we all wanted from vzw; a dual core LTE device. Now I know the bionic will be dual core and lte but it is locked down and running blur.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Those with the revolution i would like to know what you think and how the battery life is with the revolution.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I think Verizon Wireless has some of the Thunderbolt batteries at 50% off at the purchase of the device. The Go battery is a wall charger with a 1800 mah battery. Don't know if it can charge the battery that came with the Thunderbolt. Its $24.99! ! They should let you get the deal if you already purchased the Thunderbolt if you go back into store. They may have to ship it to you as there was none available in the store.

Swyped from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Triskite

Reaction score
Ram

What is the ram? Doesn't the TB have more ram. LG 512, TB 768?

YES. God why does nobody care about RAM anymore?

Revolution is 512, TB is 768. Otherwise, only difference is HDMI out, stock battery size (1400 vs 1500) and LTE/radio chip maker- I think that's it? I like the look of the Revolution and was told it was 768MB... so I bought it. Unfortunately now I'm debating returning it for the TB... extended battery is over 2900 mAh which is more than the extended battery for the TB, however....

johnny140

Reaction score
I have a Droid 1 running cm7 and it's noticibly faster if I use swap. I have 96 MB for my swap size using swapper 2 but actual ram would be so much faster. I hope that these phone manufacturers see that more ram is needed. The best phones I see for Ram size seems to be the ones made by htc. Ram is a spec that is not listed above lot of times when I was searching so maybe there's a better manufacturer but I haven't seen any.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like that the tb has more ram. But why didnt they include an hdmi. And while some say there are no issues, there are enough bad posts here to scare me away from the tb. Plus I went into vzw to look at it and the sales rep said that I would be dissapointed with the tb. I may get the evo 3d when it comes out and go to sprint month to month. These phones need more ram period. It is more important than dual core as the future approaches.

Sent from my fascinate

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you just trade it back in for a Charge? I was reading the battery life thread over at androidforums and it didnt seem too bad. I have been reading many mixed reviews on this phone though. Phone Arena did not give it a good one.

Sent from my fascinate

Djay

Reaction score
Actually the LG Revolution and the Thunderbolt has the same RAM which is 768 and the LG has more on board memory which is 12GB

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The LG revolution does NOT have 768mb Ram. I called and emailed LG Customer service and Droid Life. They both told me their is only 512mb or Ram in the Revolution with less than 400mb available for apps. I dont know why VZW is telling people 768.

Djay

Reaction score
Ima have to go check the two devices out myself to see the RAM, but the specs I have read said 768

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ima have to go check the two devices out myself to see the RAM, but the specs I have read said 768

If you find anything different out about the ram let us know. I too was interested in the phone because of Ram..so I did some research because there were multiple sources telling me different things.

- I went to a VZW store downloaded the Elixir app and checked ram. Total Available Ram was 368mb. (Not all of the ram out of the 512 is usually available on phones, so this is normal for 512mb)
- So I asked some people on the forums with the Revo to verify this. They did.
- I still wasn't sure so I called LG and emailed LG. Both answers from LG customer service were 512mb.
- I saw that VZW was telling people it had 768, so I emailed Droid Life and Kellex emailed me back and said that it was always his understanding that there was just 512mb and he didn't know why VZW was telling people 768

...There is no doubt that the phone is fast, but I would run other tests besides quadrant, like Antutu to verify the speed. The internal memory also seems to be missprinted or listed low in the owners manual, so their is something going on screwy here. Run a couple quadrants and see what you get if you try it out in the store.

*Edit: VZW may be grouping the Rom in with Ram and calling it 768ram

Last edited: