I laughed when I saw this

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Wuzz Ranger, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Wuzz Ranger

Wuzz Ranger New Member

I found this on another forum site...thought I would share because I haven't seen it here before. I hope this isn't against the rules, I'm not bashing on the guy...I find it comical that this guy is trying to make money off of something free.

MOTOROLA DROID SERVICES
  2. jasonb

jasonb New Member

seems like a nice way to make some money. i could see this working out since not everybody feels comfortable doing this on their own.

i don't think it's such a bad idea, or even a steep price.
  3. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

one of the guys here was doing that. Maybe its him, lol. I don't see why not. I spent A LOT of time learning how to do all the stuff I've done to my phone. Some people want it and don't have the time or aren't confident enough to do it themselves
  4. artc33

artc33 New Member

i agree that may not be a bad idea, like one of my cousins, there are people that don't know a whole lot about the phone's potential. i have helped him a lot with his phone that i could have charged him for it if he wasn't familia.
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

Compared to the amount of hours I spent on here reading and working through all the user inflicted errors, I would have gladly paid someone $50-75 to do it all for me.

I spent more than one night in front of my computer until 2AM or 3AM reading on this forum to learn how to do this or fix an error I was getting.

-Mike
  6. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

90% chance it's a member here
  7. Ferradinho

Ferradinho New Member

I agree with the other comments. He isn't charging for free software, he is charging for a service and his expertise from hours of reading forums and modding. Why is this any different than taking your pc into the shop and paying someone to work on it instead of researching and spending hours on it yourself. Or paying someone to do your taxes instead of doing them yourself. Why is this different than any other day-to-day service? He takes the hours of research and the risk from someone that wants to unlock the potential of his phone but doesn't want to take the risk or do the research.
    Oh, and this has already been discussed on this forum a while ago. I'd bet he's a member here too...
  8. kevdog

kevdog New Member

Seriously -- those prices are steep!!
  9. rooted_default

rooted_default New Member

It is slightly amusing to me. I could never pay someone to mod my phone but I have a friend that meets the profile of this guys customers. I rooted his phone and changed ROMs for him. He's a perfectly capable root user and knows plenty. He just isn't comfortable.
  10. bb-gun

bb-gun New Member

This is a good idea. I just posted one on craigslist for $30 to show people how to do it through Instant messenger. So they're learning and i'm not held responsible if anything happens.
  11. dmisc

dmisc New Member

I see nothing wrong with this at all.
  12. kprambo

kprambo New Member

Its me I also do custom boot animations for $599 I work for pixar so you know its quality. I will run live wallpapers for you that really come alive at night walk around your house while you sleep, and protect you for an extra $1600. I can make your battery last longer with my paten pending freezer method. If you wish for me to do this for you give me a call @ 1800 droooid or email me at kungfuninjadroidmaster @motorollaceocaptianoftheship.comma

So there is only one more step for you to do

SHOW ME THE MONEY:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ devil:
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  13. r314bd

r314bd New Member

I'm copying this idea (srs)
  14. hazynighthawk

hazynighthawk New Member

HAHA thats awesome! maybe ill offer my services for that to happen!! hahah
  15. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Not going to mention the persons name but we had one guy who included something in his signature saying he would root the phone for 20.00. Much cheaper then this guy is, but forum rules don't allow that so they forced him to take it down.
  16. unix.punkx

unix.punkx New Member

I mean, it all boils down to what you want to learn or if you want someone to do it for you. I rooted my Droid to LEARN how to root my droid. Making mistakes in the process is all part of learning.
  17. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Nothing wrong with that, people themselves set what they will pay for a service.

You are approaching it from our standpoint that "its easy to do, why pay for it?"

But there are those out there who just can't, or won't do it themselves.

I hope he has a form for them to sign for non-liability afterwards, because those types will come after him the next time the phone hiccups, etc. Which is why I don't do something similar in my area.
  18. supahrob

supahrob New Member

Isn't he giving away SetCPU with this deal? Thats a pay program isn't it (I paid a buck for it - not huge price, but still)

Take care,
    Rob
  19. Wuzz Ranger

Wuzz Ranger New Member

You know, after reading everybody's thoughts on this, I guess I don't see anything wrong with it. If you take the time to read through these posts....days upon days...why shouldn't you make a service out of it.
  20. kellex

kellex Premium Member Premium Member

I live in Portland too, maybe I should undercut him at $49.99 hah.