1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I know this has been brought up ALOT

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by Big Fate, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Big Fate

Big Fate New Member

And I hate to be the one to bring up again, but this battery either sucks or its defective!

Didnt really use my phone for much today besides texting and a few phone calls, and by 12pm i was at 60%.

2 days ago I removed task killer and juice defender and set my backlight to auto yet somehow it still gets drained. I looked in my battery manager and it seems 55% is being used by the display. Is this normal? I dont have much on my screen, then theres a bunch of 5 and 2% being used by I guess the normal apps that comes stock w/phone.

Can someone shed some light? I'd hate to have to go purchase an extended battery and go nuts trying to find a case that fits properly. Thanks
  2. leonozug

leonozug New Member

Fate a rule of thumb is to use your power widget....make sure Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS and your brightness is off. I keep the sync on. Hopefully this will help you save battery. Smartphones suck alot of juice!! The X has a big screen, and your screen sucks up most of that juice normally.
  3. zonaRSX

zonaRSX New Member

Use your custom battery profile and stop downloading nonsense task killer apps and such.
  4. Big Fate

Big Fate New Member

I keep the wifi, bluetooth and GPS off and set brightness to auto. The sync is limited due to the fact I believe that has alot to do with it. Yes, smartphones do suck alot of battery but I'm like 1 of 5 people in my company that has the same phone and they all dont have any issues w/battery.

My phone froze up 3 times within 4 days of owning, so the phone itself might just be defective. I just took it in and swapped for a new one so I'll see how the battery goes.

The apps been removed and I still get that issue. Like stated above could just be a defective phone. How long does your guys stocked battery last you?
  5. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

If your screen is consuming that much battery, are you certain it's not 'waking' while it your pocket or somewhere?
  6. Big Fate

Big Fate New Member

I doubt it, I hit the sleep mode everytime before I place it back in my holster.
  7. zonaRSX

zonaRSX New Member

Could be a defective phone then... Hopefully not!

My battery usually lasts me all day, about 10 hours with some phone calls, lots of texting and various app usage.. If I am playing angry birds for a while it goes pretty quick sometimes lol
  8. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Your holster doesn't happen to have a magnet does it?

Just trying to figure out why you're getting such weak battery life :)
  9. cjriddle22

cjriddle22 New Member

The auto setting for the backlight only takes effect when your battery gets down to 30% (or whatever you have it set to). I use Quick Settings to control my screen brightness. I keep it at 25% all the time. It is plenty bright. I can easily get 24 hrs or more with my battery. When I got home from work yesterday I was at 80% (unplugged at 630 am, got home around 530 pm), and I played a little bit of Angry Birds, sent received an average amount of texts (50 or so), made prolly 20 minutes of phone calls, and if I dont use it all while working, I can easily be at 90% when I get home. Wifi, gps, bluetooth all turned off while at work, auto sync is on. Wifi on while at the crib.

I would post some screen shots, if Battery Manager wouldn't FC close on me every time I try to open it.

It is either a rogue app, or a defective battery, at least thats what I think.
  10. Big Fate

Big Fate New Member

It was a defective battery... Because I swapped out the phone for a new one and i'm still at 70% its 6pm and I unplugged at 7:00am.
    I've also watched a movie so thats pretty good...

Whats a Rogue app? It coulda been an app aswell