I know the answer--but??

SID KELLY

Reaction score
I think I know the answer but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere--I have the D2 and I'm wondering WHAT the piece of blue plastic is sticking out of the top section right where the camera is on the bottom section---that's something designed to let Verizon know if the phone has been 'tampered with'--right??

OP
SID KELLY

SID KELLY

Reaction score
Here it is--sorry

Attachments

• DSC00030.JPG
    DSC00030.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 328

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol. Interesting but I still don't have it on mine. Are you sure that isn't just the protective plastic over the lens?

Shibbey

Reaction score
Take a chance. Pull it off and let us know what happens! LOL

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Shibbey

Reaction score
Seriuosly though, it appears to just be a tab for one of those thin plastic shipping protection cover things.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

want a droid

Reaction score
That's just a clear thingy that comes on all new phones LOL

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

brochaos

Reaction score
wait...has this been covered elsewhere? can all the people who said that on the D1 that plastic piece (which didn't have a tab) was supposed to come off say "I TOLD YOU SO"?

SCbarber

Reaction score
blue thingy

I started to pull mine off but I think it is there to prevent scratches when opening and closing the keyboard.

OSX2000

Reaction score
My Droid 1 had that, ripped it off months ago, and the keyboard has been sliding out more smoothly ever since.

OP
SID KELLY

SID KELLY

Reaction score
I've sort of come to the same conclusion--also, IF it were meant to come off, WHY wouldn't the tech have pulled it off when he got it ready for me?? Just thinking?? (man--that IS dangerous!!!!)

Jeebz88

Reaction score
I've read on some forums that some VZW reps did pull it off while setting phones up. Also, at I saw where at least one person called customer service and was told it was a protective covering for shipping. Take it off lol.

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
Giggle. I took mine off two weeks ago. Yes, a rep. Set mine up, put the case on for me,but after I removed the blue coating I wondered how many other phones went back saying that it was hard to flip open one handed because until I saw it and removed it there was no smooth one handed slide....feeling normal....giggle.....i love my droid.