1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I knew the day would come

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by ukyfan, Apr 1, 2011.

1. ukyfan

ukyfan Premium Member Premium Member

Well I have to say that my OG Droid is no longer my primary phone. I jumped aboard the Thunderbolt band wagon. But I have to say before I got the TB, I was not much for flashing different roms a lot like others. Once I rooted I only used two different families of roms, Sapphire and PE. Now don't get me wrong I loved everything that cvpcs did with Sapphire, and how well it worked on my phone. But when I switched to PE I was totally blown away! While running 4.2 it had to be the smoothest my phone ever ran. I did move up to 5.x, and my phone screamed! I swear I never saw my phone run so fast. The only issue I had was that I could not regularly receive picture messages so I did go back to 4.2 (I know it is a GB issue and not a PE). Anyway I know it is still early in the TB development, but I hope that someday that I might be able to see PE on my TB!

I want to say just how much I appreciate everything that the whole PE team has done. I think I will still play with my OG, but just not as much as I had in the past. I really look forward to seeing what else you all can pull off! And like I said I would love to be able to see PE on my new phone some day!
  2. bodean

bodean New Member

Good luck. Should have waited for the bionic phone
  3. steve.messer84

steve.messer84 New Member

Thats what I'm seeing on twitter and the forums.
  4. JDROIDS

JDROIDS New Member

Aren't we expecting the Bionic to be "locked down" or difficult to root?
  5. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

As long as you're happy with your TB that's all that matters.

The Bionic has less RAM and it's a Moto device... so locked down.... and Blur. yuck.
  6. ukyfan

ukyfan Premium Member Premium Member

And I am very happy with it!
  7. amosavitas

amosavitas New Member

+1 and it turns out that sense is sexy
  8. Droid101

Droid101 Member

Even though its locked down like the X and D2 but we can still flash ROM onto both devices as it stands?

And wasn't there somewhere that someone broke the motorola lock and motorola put out a C&D order out for it?

Not arguing with you just wanted clarification thanks:)
  9. antwonjenkins

antwonjenkins New Member

The latest news that someone broke the bootloader was a pre-April fools joke for the most part. One that got quit a few people all riled up though. And I don't think they even sent the C&D order. I think that was a "joke" too. Finally Motorola did release a statement though that basically said, "Haha, funny. try again." At least that is what I have gotten out of reading all the boards. As far as next phones that will be good for roms and stuff, mydroidworld.com has a good article posted by P3Droid I suggest reading up on.
  10. Rodeojones

Rodeojones New Member

The story of unlocking the bootloader and the C&D from Motorola was a hoax. The story is absolutely fabricated and the bootloaders are still locked.
  11. NachtDraegan

NachtDraegan New Member

I'm the same as you ukyfan, just got my Tbolt on saturday. I love it but I miss running PE. It is the best ROM on my phone and the only completely stable one that I loved and had completely how I wanted it and basically left it alone. Thank you to the PE devs and I cannot wait until there is a PE ROM for the Tbolt, I will root just to get that.