I killed my Droid?

NYC Drifter

Reaction score
Hello Rescue Squad,

I THOUGHT that I killed my Droid.

Happy to say that I was able to change this email from KILLED to THOUGHT that I did.

Rooted with Sapphire and all was going very well until it went into a loop with ROM Manager. The loop started when ROM Manager was updating endlessly.

I pulled the battery.

I went to the Nandroid restore screen, but the restores didn't fix the phone. On reboot, I was in a loop with the Motorola emblem flashing still.

A reset to factory did not work.

Because the last update.zip was Sapphire google apps, I used sprecovery to mount the SD card, reinstalled Sapphire as the update.zip and went through the rooting procedure again.

I rebooted and it worked. Thanks to all who have contributed so much in these forums, that I was able to read through the posts and bumble through to fix the problem. I don't however recommend the steps that I took as I am no expert.

Now however, I tried to Nandroid a backup and it was stuck on a tar dump.

I will get it figured out one of these days.

Thanks again for the helpful forum posts!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum nyc! Sprecovery wins again!! This new backup you're trying to do......are you trying to do it with rom manager or sprecovery?

OP
N

NYC Drifter

Reaction score
Thanks Corinacakes!

I got the backup to go through with RomManager. I rebooted and it got past the tar dump.

Seems to be working fine now except I'm watching WI FI connectivity closely.