I killed it :,( ....

jaedi

Reaction score
I've had my Droid X since the release date, and rooted it a month after. The root was great, I loved changing the font, the tether, the easy downloads. But after I downloaded a leaked froyo(which worked well) I tried changing the font for a new and "improved" looked. Sadly I killed my phone and I'm desperately seeking help. I tried the RSD Lite v4.7 but I'm stuck at Bootloader, Mew_Map Blank
Err. A5, 70, 00, 1F
It's scary, but I'm hopeful.
I really don't want to take it back to Verizon.
If anyone knows how I can fix it I'd really appreciate the help.

Canadroid

Reaction score
Ask a mod to move your thread to DX Tech/Hacks or the Rescue Squad, I bet your phone is not a lost cause yet. :)

OP
J

jaedi

Reaction score
Thank you guys. I fixed it, stayed up all night. I used rsd v4.8 and sbf 2.2, I used 2.1 Without knowing that you cant use it after the update. My droid is up and running abd still rooted. As for modifying styles I guess ill have to be careful to make sure that I use apps that work with 2.2 it was a mistake and I should be more careful it almost cost me my phone

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kennydied23

Reaction score
Good thing you solved it. Make sure you don't forget to make backups so you don't have to SBF every time you "kill" your phone!

scubieman

Reaction score
Im sure developers brick there hone alot. Its not a big deal as long as you get out of it.

OP
J

jaedi

Reaction score
Ty guys I appreciate it. Hey kenny how do you make back ups I don't know what that is.

kennydied23

Reaction score
Ty guys I appreciate it. Hey kenny how do you make back ups I don't know what that is.

Here's a good explanation and method from Droid-Life:

A nandroid backup is essentially a giant snapshot of your phone, stored on your SD Card that should be created each time you switch ROMs, themes or try anything which could potentially change a system file. Plus, they are good to have especially when you flash a new theme and realize how damn ugly it is. You can easily restore your backup and enjoy your previous settings.

How to: Create a Full Nandroid Backup on a DROID X - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

scubieman

Reaction score

get rom manager. Flash recovery. Reboot into recovery then select backup

easier way is. Download Rom manager, top option "bootstrap recovery" scroll down to backup. specify name and it will reboot phone and do the work for you :)

OP
J

jaedi

Reaction score
Thank you Kenny ill work on that now. :)

iRobot

Reaction score
I get to the point of hitting Start on RSD Lite but it's greyed out. The phone is connected, I see it as the first and only device connected and I have selected to SBF file but Start isnt an option to click. I'm going insane here please help

iRobot

Reaction score
Ok now I got the start button to show but it says Failed flashing process. Unable to retrieve initialization values from INI file

OP
J

jaedi

Reaction score
Whatever info the computer can read about the phone should be in the left widow of rsd, and the info on the sbf should be on the right, make sure ur battery doesn't die, and that you extracted the sbf file directly into rsd lite

iRobot

Reaction score
the sbf file came by itself and is in the Motorola\RSD Lite\ directory.. but I didn't get the ini file with anything.. no idea where the ini file is!