i keep hearing a random sound from my droid

Nothing2prove00

Reaction score
every once in a awhile im hearing a random sound from my droid. its not from a text email or call. my phone is always on vibrate. i updated my addons this morning but it didnt start doing it until 2 hours ago. what should i do?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
What is the sound? Is it saying "DDDDRRRROOOOOIIIIIDDDD"?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
every once in a awhile im hearing a random sound from my droid. its not from a text email or call. my phone is always on vibrate. i updated my addons this morning but it didnt start doing it until 2 hours ago. what should i do?

Have you tried a simple reset of the Droid? And can you describe the sound?

Serialkilla

Reaction score
the droid tone is one of the notification ringtones, you may have it set in one of your apps and not realize it? I have that tone when I connect to USB and disconnect USB. Could be browser notification? All in all, I bet it's something along those lines. Go through your apps and see what ones have notification settings turned on,and I bet you'll find it.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We've got a themed section, we have off topic, we have hacks. If this keeps up we're going to need a haunted section!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yup, it gets bad when it rings, there's no record of it in the call log then it gets all quiet as you notice all the fish are staring at you....

bradford88

Reaction score
reminds me of when i heard my wii rattling. i opened up to find a penny in it somehow. not in the cd drive itself but floating around inside the shell. thank god for usb loader

kwalker79

Reaction score
Ringing Droid

I have heard the ringing also in my Droid Razr. The phone was in my pocket when I heard the ringing. I am a school teacher so, of course, I thought it was a student's phone. It sounds like the digital version of an old fashioned alarm clock bell but rings, in the ear piece only, like an incoming call (i.e., rings for approx 2 seconds and then stops, repeats). I turned my phone off then on and it stopped. I only heard it when my phone was unlocked and like a previous post said when I went to turn it down it was "incoming volume" but with no phone call was made. If anyone knows the cause of this problem I would love to know. It has only happened once...so far.

Other items of note: my backup assistant had failed and my data signal was nonexistent. My phone works on 3G when inside the building and I do not have my Wifi on.