I keep getting a text msg is this legit?

pego99

Reaction score
It says:
MSG Reminder As a Total Equipment Coverage customer youve got mobile recovery. Click getmymr.com/download
When I click it it downloads a download.apk file to the download folder in the sd card. I have not run it. What is this?

harrellj

Reaction score

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
it is a safe site, it links back to http://vzw-p-dl.asurionmobile.com/crumpet/vzw_unsupported_device.html if you try to navigate it from a home computer instead of a mobile device.
Sorry, Mobile Recovery did not recognize your phone, but it still may be a supported phone.

If you are using a smartphone, you must use your phone’s default browser to download Mobile Recovery or you can choose your phone below to start the download process.

To view the full list of supported phones, visit mymobilerecovery.com.

If your device is listed below, select it to start the download.

harrellj

Reaction score
Its just an app running on the phone, I don't see why not.

ipster

Reaction score
Did you allow the program to run on your Droid? I have the insurance and I"m trying to find out information about the mobile recovery and if you should allow the download.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Allow it! I am rooted. Have original Droid. Yes, I keep total equipment coverage insurance on my phone...This is not a debate about that ;)

The app you are installing runs on your phone. There is a desktop component as well. Log onto the site and register. You can "track" your phone, remotely "wipe" it, make it "screech" even if set to silent (great for finding it buried in piles of folded laundry )....

I also installed it (at her request) on my daughters Droid 2. I can see which building she is in at her university! She likes the screeching feature!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk