1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I just rooted my Droid... Whats next?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by the h, Feb 26, 2010.

1. the h

the h New Member

So i rooted my Droid, installed busybox, created a custom recovery image, blocked OTA updates, and did a full system backup. Now what should I do next?

From my reading it seems if I install a ROM (even just a upgrade to 2.1?) it will erase all my apps? what about my pics and txts? contacts? ringtones & music?

I'd like to be able to back everything up before I do a ROM install or upgrade. Also i think i read somwhere that there is a way to backup all my apps/info and then quickly reinstall them all to whatever ROM I install, how do I do this?

I downloaded Titanium but not sure if it does exactly that.

I'm also thinking after I figure out this backup situation I'm going to install DroidMod.