I Just Pre Ordered Thru VZ Phone Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Im gonna go up to my store right now and make sure i will be getting mine on the 15th..or i will arrest them.. ( theres gotta be a statute somewhere for that )..lol

cray

Reaction score
This is getting hilarious to me... LOL So I thought I would join the hysteria.

I tried a phone call and then tried online with the chat feature.

Got turned down both times. I did try WalMart online and found the Droid for 19.99.

That was tempting. :icon_ nono:

jdk2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1103
I just called 611 and the girl I spoke with didn't even know when the X was going to be released. Gotta love customer service LOL.

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Soba when is your contract date up on your Droid? You are the first person to list a 1 year contract price which is the only way I will buy a phone from now on.

OP
soba1

soba1

Reaction score
Soba when is your contract date up on your Droid? You are the first person to list a 1 year contract price which is the only way I will buy a phone from now on.

Well I got my Moto Droid on the buddy upgrade when it came out(1yr).
My NE 2 on my primary line this month......
I was told though that the primary can upgrade every 12 months.
So I may opt for the 2yr price. Not to brag but I have three other lines
eligible for an upgrade this year. If something really hot lte
compatible comes out at the end of the year I will get it using my buddy
upgrade at the one year price..
I suggest one year for sure. I also stayed on the old 3000 min family share plan which each line is 9.99

ben.keen

Reaction score
I was talking to my corporate VZW rep and VZW isn't doing pre-orders for the Droid X. The call backs are just to see if you still want it. You will be able to order online on the 15th. The reason for no pre-order is to avoid the huge back-order that hit from all the Incredible pre-orders.

macatk89

Reaction score
I posted this in the new member section, but I'm sure there aren't many who read anything there.

Over the 4th of July weekend, I ended up in the pool with my previous phone (POS Moto Q). I was waiting until the 15th to get the X and when I went into the VZW store to get my Q replaced (insurance) and told the sales rep this, he said "Well, if you would like to go ahead and pre-order the Droid X, I can give you a loaner phone for the next 10 days so you don't have to pay the insurance deductible." I told him I didn't know they could be pre-ordered and he explained that they were keeping a list until the 9th and then they were ordering that many phones for the 15th. They would be making calls that day and if you still wanted your DX, they would hold it for you. He even said that I could go ahead and pay for it, then pick it up on the 15th. What ended up happening is that I "bought" an LG Ally with the promise of taking extremely good care of it (he even put a body glove case on it free of charge). On the 15th, I go to the VZW store to give back the Ally and get the Droid X and pay the difference between the 2 phones. He said the money I paid for the Ally was a "deposit" for the Droid X, but if I damaged the phone, it would be used to pay for the Ally.

hendrix

Reaction score
I posted this in the new member section, but I'm sure there aren't many who read anything there.

Over the 4th of July weekend, I ended up in the pool with my previous phone (POS Moto Q). I was waiting until the 15th to get the X and when I went into the VZW store to get my Q replaced (insurance) and told the sales rep this, he said "Well, if you would like to go ahead and pre-order the Droid X, I can give you a loaner phone for the next 10 days so you don't have to pay the insurance deductible." I told him I didn't know they could be pre-ordered and he explained that they were keeping a list until the 9th and then they were ordering that many phones for the 15th. They would be making calls that day and if you still wanted your DX, they would hold it for you. He even said that I could go ahead and pay for it, then pick it up on the 15th. What ended up happening is that I "bought" an LG Ally with the promise of taking extremely good care of it (he even put a body glove case on it free of charge). On the 15th, I go to the VZW store to give back the Ally and get the Droid X and pay the difference between the 2 phones. He said the money I paid for the Ally was a "deposit" for the Droid X, but if I damaged the phone, it would be used to pay for the Ally.

While you have a nice rep doing a good thing for you, that isnt an official preorder.

macatk89

Reaction score
Yeah, I just hope it works out. Since it's not something official, I'm kind of worried it may not exactly work out how it's supposed to.

06LTNox

Reaction score
I was talking to my corporate VZW rep and VZW isn't doing pre-orders for the Droid X. The call backs are just to see if you still want it. You will be able to order online on the 15th. The reason for no pre-order is to avoid the huge back-order that hit from all the Incredible pre-orders.
But you would think that allowing pre-orders would give VZW and Moto a chance to see if they need to ramp up production anymore or not.

ben.keen

Reaction score
But you would think that allowing pre-orders would give VZW and Moto a chance to see if they need to ramp up production anymore or not.

That's true but I think with all the fall out VZW had from the long back order of the Incredible, they (VZW) wanted to save face a little and not have another new device drop and then have a long wait for it. Also keep in mind, Droid X is being marketed as the alternative to the iPhone and VZW wants to stay ahead of that curve and lets face it, any Droid and dare I saw BlackBerry, is better than the iPhone. Yes, the iPhone has it's good points but if you are looking for an Enterprise savy device, RIM is where you want to be and if you are looking for a device with a lot of power, Apps out the butt, and one that is pushing the envelope then Moto and Google have it with the Droid. The iPhone 4 and iOS4 missed the mark in so many areas where Apple just missed the mark.

macatk89

Reaction score

That's true but I think with all the fall out VZW had from the long back order of the Incredible, they (VZW) wanted to save face a little and not have another new device drop and then have a long wait for it. Also keep in mind, Droid X is being marketed as the alternative to the iPhone and VZW wants to stay ahead of that curve and lets face it, any Droid and dare I saw BlackBerry, is better than the iPhone. Yes, the iPhone has it's good points but if you are looking for an Enterprise savy device, RIM is where you want to be and if you are looking for a device with a lot of power, Apps out the butt, and one that is pushing the envelope then Moto and Google have it with the Droid. The iPhone 4 and iOS4 missed the mark in so many areas where Apple just missed the mark.

Doesn't the App Store still have almost triple the apps of the Android Market?

Status
Not open for further replies.