I just joined :D

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Just did a google search. Didn't realize it came with an at&t app for hotspot tethering. Yes that requires you to set it up with "big blue" to get it working.

However, rooting and barnacle or wireless tether still should let you do it for free

Droidforums.net appified!

OP
V

v1rtu0s1ty

Reaction score
I got lost. :)

What is Barnacle? Is it a software that I should download to be able to use wifi tether? Does it use 3g network? I really need to use the native network rather than WiFi spots.

What is big blue?

and where can I find the docs for rooting Captivate?

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Sorry, big red is a nickname for verizon, so I called att big blue, because of their logo....lol

Barnacle wifi tether is another wireless tethering app just like wireless tether. They both use your phones 3g network and share it via wifi ad-hoc network. They work differently than each other, though, and where one might work, the other might not. I mentioned that wireless tether won't work on the lg ally while barnacle wifi tether will. I don't know anybody with any of those samsung phones, so I don't know which will work.

As to rooting it I have no idea. You can search over at the xda developers website to see if anything has worked. There IS a subforum here for the Verizon version of the samsung galaxy S phone (you have the AT&T version, actually), but I really don't know if the methods that work for the verizon version work for the at&t version.

All I can say is good luck?
Droidforums.net appified!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
"Little Blue" may have been a more accurate nickname! Haha! ;)

Sorry, big red is a nickname for verizon, so I called att big blue, because of their logo....lol

DroidForums junkie!

rosedognye

Reaction score
New to Site

I'm new to the site but not to modding my phone. New Verizon Fascinate User (rooted; launcher pro; and away we go)

Nice to have a resource like this!