I just got my first Droid Eris and have questions!

jprausch

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the board, and a new Droid Eris owner as well. I just got the phone yesterday, and I'm confused! This is my first smart phone. You would think the user manual that comes with the phone would be helpful, but it's really not! Anyway, if anyone can help with the following questions, I would very much appreciate it! Thank you...

1) Is it possible to save pictures from a picture message? The menu option allows you to save it as a contact icon or wallpaper, but not just a picture in your album. How do I do that?

2) I went to check out the Android Market, which requird me to sign in to my Gmail account. Once I signed in to my Gmail account, I noticed all my Gmail contacts populated my People contacts. I don't want this to happen. Is there a way to delete People contacts from my phone without deleting those contacts from my Gmail contacts account?

3) I thought I set up my Yahoo Mail account on the phone, using the HTC mail wizard, but it says I have no mail. I know I have mail in my Yahoo account, so clearly I did something wrong. How do I set up my Yahoo mail on my Droid Eris, or does the fact that I already signed in to my Gmail account on the phone mean that I can't have Yahoo Mail on my phone?

4) Lastly, is there a way to "email" the phone? Like, to send my phone an email with a picture attachment I can then download onto the phone?

Thanks for any help!

mhotovec

Reaction score
4) Your phone's 'email address' is your 10 digit phone number @vtext.com, the phone will see it as an incoming text. I believe this is true of all IM capable phones on the Verizon network.

mattamous

Reaction score
1) Press down on the message itself for a second or two (not the pic); it will turn green and a window pops up and gives you several options. One being "Save Picture".

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
1) Was answered above. :)

2) If you go to http://www.google.com/contacts, you will see categories. One of them should be My Contacts. Those are the ones that should show up on your phone, so you can move people out of this group to keep them off of your phone. This is how it works on my Droid anyway.

3) I'm not sure how to setup Yahoo since I don't have one, but you DEFINITELY can! I have my GMail setup and a work email address too. You can have several if you want.

4) The easiest way to email a full size picture or something to your phone is to send it to yourself via GMail. If you use the ####@vtext method, it will limit what you can receive since its a text message. An email address can receive whatever image you send. :)