I installed the latest leaked ICS update...here is my story

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
If you're sure that the file is in the right sd card and it's renamed right try taking the .zip extension off the file and reboot again. Some people had to do that. I didn't but others have done it and it worked for them.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

DMAN1522

Reaction score
Once I'm in bootloader and it goes to how long does it take to load ics

kopower

Reaction score
So I downloaded the last ICS leak, moved it to root of sd card, renamed it, and got into bootloader. It seems to load the zip for a few minutes, then checks the zip, and after all that, the phone doesn't reboot. It stays on the bootloader screen with options to fastboot, recovery, etc. Was the phone supposed to reboot on its own, or am I missing a simple step somewhere? Thanks. New to HTC and Rezound, but have experience rooting and flashing roms on droid x.

Appreciate the help

kopower

Reaction score
Well, I seemed to have figured it out. I re-downloaded the leak on a different computer, and my phone is now going through the update process. Fingers crossed. Don't know why it was such a hassle. Frustrating I spent half a day trying to figure a simple thing out. Oh well, live and learn.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I seemed to have figured it out. I re-downloaded the leak on a different computer, and my phone is now going through the update process. Fingers crossed. Don't know why it was such a hassle. Frustrating I spent half a day trying to figure a simple thing out. Oh well, live and learn.
Did you follow my step by step process.

kopower

Reaction score
Did you follow my step by step process.

Yeah. I even went to xda forums. It must have been something with my computer, or the link I downloaded from. It was the link from the androidpolice. I downloaded the mirror, and that's the one that worked fine on my other computer. Anyways, ICS is up and running. Thanks. BTW, your step by step process is much appreciated.