i installed bb n now no email!!! how do i fix this ?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by krise11385, Feb 10, 2010.

1. krise11385

krise11385 New Member

So I installed bb 7.5 n I know have no email I have the gmail but I'm not gettn any messages so I don't use the my gmail I have to go into email n usually I click gmail n that's were all my messages are . Also wen I'm in the stock browser I can't go to the gmail site idk wats up I didn't have this problem with bb7.4 help thanks
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

I really don't know what that could be...don't make sense at all....
  3. krise11385

krise11385 New Member

I kno its crqzy I can go into the gmail website with dolphin but I wnat the email app
  4. Kaiken

Kaiken New Member

If you did a clean wipe/install using nandroid you might have to go to your Accounts & Sync settings and set your gmail account again.
  5. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Kris,

As to the gmail, not sure what is going on. I assume you have the gmail set to sync. I think I saw in another post where someone had a similar problem, and ended up deleting their gmail account on the phone and setting it up again. This is a bit drastic, and would not suggest it unless you are sure you are sync'd, and it is still not communicating.

As to e-mail, do you have the actual e-mail apk in /system/app? If not there are two fixes. One is to manually install it, the other is to use gmail to access your pop3 account, and have gmail push your e-mails to the phone. I have been using the e-mail thru gmail for a couple of weeks, and it is pretty slick.

Check on those couple of things, and if you want the thread to the email thru gmail I can try and find it ( I am on dialup at the moment otherwise I would have linked it).

Craig
  6. krise11385

krise11385 New Member

Hey craig thanks I got it fixed cuz ur info I really appreciate it. And all the help from all u have helped me I have had my droid for less than a month and have manged to root oc change roms theme and lots of other things I kno I'm still noob and sometimes post atupid questions that I could fix myself if took my time and read more and lots off ppl get frudtrated with me but ppl like u and others really help and I would jus like to thank u and all other ppl that helpme .