I hope this ics gets updated soon.

tannins

Reaction score
I stick to stock, so I am waiting for the ota update to come along and make my phone great again.
I loved the rezound on gb, now its so buggy its ridiculous.
Half the apps and programs I use are getting held up "loading" by the 2nd or 3rd page of use.
It's especially annoying since I know how good this phone can be.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you do a factory reset after the OTA? Oh and even if you're stock you can always grab the RUU floating around and upgrade yourself without waiting...no root required.

OP
T

tannins

Reaction score
I haven't followed the RUU talk because I don't know how to use it. Are there any problems being reported with it?
It seems that if it were ready and working great, it would be sent out ota.
Also, I've never had to so a factory reset on a phone *knock on wood* what information, apps and data do you lose?
Thanks for the reply.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I haven't followed the RUU talk because I don't know how to use it. Are there any problems being reported with it?
It seems that if it were ready and working great, it would be sent out ota.
Also, I've never had to so a factory reset on a phone *knock on wood* what information, apps and data do you lose?
Thanks for the reply.
  • A factory reset restores your phone to the state in which you first got it.
  • Nothing is on the phone except for the OS and the pre-installed apps.
  • HOWEVER, anything on your SD card will remain...unless you choose to wipe that too.
  • All of your gmail contacts, emails, etc., will be restored once you enter your gmail account after you have done the factory reset.
  • I use Google Voice, so all of my texts are all backed up and available once I re-install the app.
  • Any app you purchased is still flagged as purchased in Google Play, so you can re-download without having to buy it again.
I love using apps that are just a way to access your account info & data on a website, such as Evernote, Wunderlist, Google Voice, Yelp, Pandora, Google Music, Google Drive, etc. That info and data is all backed up remotely on your account on those sites, and the app just access that info and presents it in a mobile format for your phone. So that stuff doesn't need to be backed up by you...which is a nice thing to not have to worry about.

I know there are ways to backup all of your apps, but I have never used them. Maybe someone else can recommend something. I know it can be a pain to remember all of your apps and go look for them and re-install all of them.

Before any factory reset, I always connect the phone to my computer and copy the contents of the phone and the SD card and back them up on my computer, just in case. That's a good thing to do every once in a while anyway.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Do the factory reset!!! It is well worth the hassle, and the worst that could happen is you waste a few hours setting everything back up, but the most likely case is most of your issues will be resolved or improved... Very few people who have done it say they regret it and usually wish they had done it sooner!

svdroiddude

Reaction score
I LOVE my phone on ICS after a factory reset :) :cool:

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

OP
T

tannins

Reaction score
I hear ya. I'd rather not have to redo all I've done already to the settings, etc. I shouldnt have to either.

Reaction score
Does the factory reset also help with battery life?

I have loved my rezound! Until I installed ics. Now every app seems buggy, my phone lags and resets itself, and buttons seem to lag and freeze. Also, my biggest complaint is the battery life is terrible now. I know with the beautiful display and other features of the phone I am not going to get great battery life, but this is a joke. Gb was better.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Realize you are going from one operating system to a whole new os. Some of the app data is having trouble moving through the new pipes and getting clogged. By doing a factory reset, anything left is working under the new os. No clogs. :biggrin:

Reaction score
Mike.757 said:
Realize you are going from one operating system to a whole new os. Some of the app data is having trouble moving through the new pipes and getting clogged. By doing a factory reset, anything left is working under the new os. No clogs. :biggrin:

That makes sense. I will factory reset tomorrow. I have been too pleased with this phone to give up on it now.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Does the factory reset also help with battery life?

I have loved my rezound! Until I installed ics. Now every app seems buggy, my phone lags and resets itself, and buttons seem to lag and freeze. Also, my biggest complaint is the battery life is terrible now. I know with the beautiful display and other features of the phone I am not going to get great battery life, but this is a joke. Gb was better.
The reset MAY help with battery life, most people have thought it made anywhere from a minor to major improvement and I don't know anyone who says it got worse after doing a factory reset.

However, if battery life, heat buildups, signal drops, Skype video call "green" issue, lockups, data stalls or lag are issues for you... since you will be doing a factory reset, consider flashing the 4.3.605.2 leaked RUU firmware, it is very stable and fixes all these issues for most people. Personally I think it is the best stock ROM for the Rezound ever! It also seems to increase battery life significantly. You can download it here: [Exclusive Download] Full RUU Build 4.03.605.2 For The HTC Rezound

Just verify the MD5 then rename the file to PH98IMG.zip an copy it to the root of your SD card (the drive that is NOT called HTC STORAGE when you connect in disk drive mode via USB), perform a factory reset on your Rezound, then reboot holding POWER + VOL DOWN, then reboot into setup but don't setup the phone, then reboot holding POWER+VOL DOWN and flash again, then the phone will reboot into setup, setup the phone, restore data, then reinstall your apps and actually run each one to finish the setup, then remove the PH98IMG.zip file from the SD card.

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Does a factory reset help battery life? I'd say in many cases yes, cause it will be running more efficiently. Still, some apps do weird things at weird times. Media Server seems to run without any rhyme or reason....it's there one day gone the next. Last night I had a fair amount of battery drain and the culprit was Chrome? That is the FIRST time I've ever seen Chrome as the top user, especially when I'm sleeping (and my phone should be too).

OP
T

tannins

Reaction score
Well, did the factory reset...and can't get My Backup or SMS Backup to work. My SD card is full, so I think maybe there's no room for the back up to work?

Any advice? It will take forever to reload everything one at a time.

I can see all of my apps when I open the backup folder on my PC, but when I try to move them to the internal memory nothing happens.

OP
T

tannins

Reaction score
Ah, never mind. I just went through google play and reloaded all of my apps.
Everything seems to be running great.
Although, I can't find the setting to determine how often I want my mail messages updated. I usually set it to only update when I open the app. Anyone find it?

Islander53

Reaction score
Ah, never mind. I just went through google play and reloaded all of my apps.
Everything seems to be running great.
Although, I can't find the setting to determine how often I want my mail messages updated. I usually set it to only update when I open the app. Anyone find it?

when you open your mail, go to Settings and then Send & Receive