I hope things change...

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by bump47, Aug 15, 2010.

1. bump47

bump47 New Member

So two of my friends just entered the droid world. One got the X and the other got the D2. I have been playing with them any chance I get just to see how it measures up with my Droid 1.

I really can't stand them. I guess it's the UI that I hate. It feels so unresponsive. My phone is rooted and running 1 Ghz but even before I rooted I felt like my phone was more responsive. I just feel like there is an overall lag to swiping side to side and in the app drawer.

Is this the motoblur that causes this? Am I the only one that is disappointed in these 2 phones? I have only had my droid for 5 months so I have a long time before I will upgrade and I am glad. I hope that things start to change and that the phones start to become more responsive. Any thoughts?
  2. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

On the X, Launcher Pro and good LP settings fixes swiping side to side and the app drawer, if it lags.
  3. bump47

bump47 New Member

Hmm...never really thought that LP would change that. I have it for the Droid and I didn't realize that it would help the overall feel of the swiping
  4. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

For home screen swiping and the app drawer, yea. U just have to adjust the settings in LP to make it faster, smoother. ADW too. If it wasnt for the scrolling dock area on LP, I would still be using ADW.

Blur is just not so good....lol I do like the Blur launcher tho..wish it was smoother. It does really fly when using the nav dots tho. When using those, that how I wish the swiping was.
  5. kdmhongshi

kdmhongshi New Member

Why dont you try using the original Launcher that comes with your Droid 1 and tell us how that feels. lmao, it's the LauncherPro that makes the experience much smoother.