i hope HTC is joking...

tnhockey

Reaction score
so ive had my incredible for a week now and i have to say i dont know if i like it as much as my moto droid. the battery life on the incredible is an absolute joke. ive never have to charge an electronic device of mine as often as i do this phone. and i barely use it. i cant imagine how it is for people that are on their phones all day, you can never take it off the charger.

the receptions also kind of a joke. my moto droid worked everywhere, i always got atleast 2 bars. i dont think ive ever seen my incredible get more than 2 bars even when im outside, and im always breaking up on calls. i mean sure, the incredible has features out the...but the whole phone aspect of it is lacking.

sorry, thats all for my rant. i guess im just wondering if anyone else is having the issues i am.

kmo

Reaction score
In a word NO. Any smartphone will have to be charged daily. My stock battery gives me 12-15 hours of moderate-heavy usage. I also just bought 2 1500 mAh aftermarket batteries and charger for $11.99. I always have the extra power if I need it so no big deal, as far as the reception best of any phone I've had.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I get 15 to 18 hours with mine and IMHO it tops the Droid.

spurscar

Reaction score
Just keep fully charging it and draining it down and recharging it, things get MUCH better than those first few days. I thought battery life was a joke too so I ordered one of those 1500mAH batteries - by the time it arrived, my stock 1300mAH battery was doing much, much better.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
the receptions also kind of a joke. my moto droid worked everywhere, i always got atleast 2 bars. i dont think ive ever seen my incredible get more than 2 bars even when im outside.

Dont go by Bars, the Bars on the Incredible dont actually reflect the true signal strength. My Incredible gets just as good (if not better) reception than my Motorola Droid did.

moonnite

Reaction score
its nice your all telling him you get 12-15 hours of moderate use and to go out and buy extra battery but your missing a large cause that is noted in his second paragraph, he has poor reception and bad signal quality, signal issue + 3G = dead battery with no use very quickly

the basics, update prl *228 - 2, if same call and request hybrid prl push to phone

bass_lover1

Reaction score
I think part of the issue is with the way the Inc interprets signal strength, and the way Android it self adjusts antenna power.

Compared to my Droid, side by side they get nearly identical reception (not bars) but signal dBm. However, the Droid will show full bars at say -80dBm, but the Inc will show one, at the same -80dBm. I think in turn this leads Android to ramp up the power going to the antenna, causing more battery drain.

Every day, after being off the charger for 12+ hours, Cell Standby is always the main battery drain, and it usually says at least 25% of the time I was without signal.

kmo

Reaction score
Well there's been a lot of people reporting bad signal strength but in reality they were fine. They were looking at the number of bars on the phone which isn't always accurate. If you are in an area where you're having issues with signal there isn't much you can do. These phone carriers can't cover all areas of service with the same quality signal. In any case if the phone is searching all the time of course you're going to be draining the battery life. Extra batteries for these phones IMO are a must anyway if you're a heavy user. Unless you want to be around a charger all the time. At the price I paid for the 2 extra batts and wall charger it's worth it to have power on hand all the time. That's all I was trying to say. People sometimes don't get the research done as to what coverage a carrier has and if your area is in a good place to get the coverage/signal you want. Not saying this is the case with the OP but just saying...

R24D24

Reaction score
so ive had my incredible for a week now and i have to say i dont know if i like it as much as my moto droid. the battery life on the incredible is an absolute joke. ive never have to charge an electronic device of mine as often as i do this phone. and i barely use it. i cant imagine how it is for people that are on their phones all day, you can never take it off the charger.

the receptions also kind of a joke. my moto droid worked everywhere, i always got atleast 2 bars. i dont think ive ever seen my incredible get more than 2 bars even when im outside, and im always breaking up on calls. i mean sure, the incredible has features out the...but the whole phone aspect of it is lacking.

sorry, thats all for my rant. i guess im just wondering if anyone else is having the issues i am.

You have 30 days to take it back, I suggest you do just that from the problems you are explaining. My Inc and moto droid have identical signal strength (checking numbers here not signal bars as we have already known the bars on the inc are incorrect), and the battery life is shorter, but not like you are describing.

You should do some research before jumping to conclusions like this and asking specific questions never hurts. However, if you are going by reception numbers and not the little bar icons, and you have fully charged/drained the battery for a while and no improvement, take it back and get your moto droid.

Reaction score
Yeah the Battery Life blows at first, but check out some of the battery saving tips... they work. I was getting 4 hours (Moderate use) now I'm getting 18 plus hours (I listen to a lot of music too).

As for the signal that is a tech issue with the phone. I have the same problem and Verizon is going to replace the phone. There is a shortage of supplies for the Incredible so it will be a week or two before they get anymore in for me... :(

You have the right to be upset by this, I was, but after trying to go back to the Moto Droid I could really feel the difference and I had to keep the Incredible. Its kinda like HD TV, you never really understand how much better having HD is till you go back and play/watch something on a standard def TV. Makes you kinda sad...

Reaction score
Actually, try dialing *22899 it updates uverything at once. And as for the drainging then recharging, no these new fangled Li-Ion batteries do not have to have that done to them.

spurscar

Reaction score
Actually, try dialing *22899 it updates uverything at once. And as for the drainging then recharging, no these new fangled Li-Ion batteries do not have to have that done to them.

You know, people keep saying that and I know it is supposed to be true, but my battery life increased DRAMATICALLY after a handful of charges. How is that explained? Because I didn't do any of the battery saving tips and I run my screen brightness at 100% too.

moonnite

Reaction score
li-ion batteries are resistant to building a memory but the why the batteries share info with the phone is more complex with the protection circuits

the android OS has system files that track handful of values from battery and makes guesses at batteries true value, if the battery doesn't hit full charge and get drained once in while it gets out of calibration with the true value, a rooted phone will allow you to delete the file storing the battery charging values and reset this calibration, most people have guessed at doing full drain once every 30 charges just to keep accuracy, i'll probley do mine once every 2-3 months

Reaction score

You know, people keep saying that and I know it is supposed to be true, but my battery life increased DRAMATICALLY after a handful of charges. How is that explained? Because I didn't do any of the battery saving tips and I run my screen brightness at 100% too.
Magic. You're a witch!