I have to say GN didn't meet my expectation. How do you guys feel about GN now?

pool_shark

Reaction score
I hate the lack of screen real estate. Google bar on top of every page. Overly large soft buttons. Believe it or not you have less screen space than a droidx. I set them side by side. Big phone with small usable screen = imminent return.

Sent from my Xoom

I'm using launcher pro, I don't have the Google search bar.

proangler

Reaction score
Thread starter doesnt even have the phone and is bashing.lol i say hes a 4 post troll!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate the lack of screen real estate. Google bar on top of every page. Overly large soft buttons. Believe it or not you have less screen space than a droidx. I set them side by side. Big phone with small usable screen = imminent return.

Sent from my Xoom

You can disable the google bar and you'll be able to adjust anything you want as soon as all the launches are updated.

Panther1911

Reaction score
I love it except the battery is really bad, I am going to give it a few charge cycles to see if it improves

hollowbox

Reaction score
Coming from an original droid.......the camera stomps all over the original droid in every concievable way. Ive side by sided them in the same light and i get some really nice pics with my gnex and pure crap with my droid. Ive got better signal strength in 3g areas than my droid and picks up and hands off in 4g areas flawlessly. I have the extended battery and get great battery life (relative).....and quite honestly the only issue i have is the volume level......which is a small annoyance. I would have to say the gn has met all of my expectations.....for now. Ask me again in two weeks:)

ksaul

Reaction score
I just left the verizon store after playing with the galaxy nexus, razr, and rezound and I expected to be blown away and ready to upgrade to the galaxy nexus before even trying out the phone on display, but even with a biased opinion/view/expectations of the galaxy nexus - I just walked away contemplating which is really worth my $300 and upgrade..

I was very impressed with the video and camera - which is a huge deal for me, I use both a lot during the day (us with kids understand..) and a decent picture is important.

But what I didn't like was directioning myself within the phone, I found that the menu was difficult to find and function with (speed wise)

I don't know, I need to go back when I have more time and try them all out again, but I was really excited for the galaxy nexus, and now I am like "eh, another phone.."

Maybe this is why its been pushed back so many times.. =/

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
This will sound biased, but because you had trouble navigating a brand new operating system that you've never used, you think that's why it was "pushed back so many times"?

I have a more sound idea, maybe it's because you're unfamiliar with the OS.

choklitcow

Reaction score
I talked myself up so much for this damn thing that after the original 24-hour honeymoon I had a slight crash. Then I remembered why I bought the phone. I knew that this phone was comparable to other phones on the market. You'd be lying to yourself if you thought otherwise because the stats are very similar. The point of this phone is what the developer community will do in the future. If you aren't interested in that aspect, then this phone is just the flavor of the next few months.

tattedupboy

Reaction score
I don't own one (and if I eventually do, it won't be for a few months; all my money is going toward Christmas gifts for others right now!), but I did play around with one at a Verizon store. I'm impressed, but at the same time disappointed by the presence of Verizon bloatware on what was supposed to be a bloat-free phone.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

OP
H

hwiya320

Reaction score
Thread starter doesnt even have the phone and is bashing.lol i say hes a 4 post troll!

I'm assuming I should apologize for asking for opinions without having a phone? cute. Thanks for your useless post. yawn* everyone else but you have been very helpful.

Last edited: