1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I have some questions...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by JustyMcFly, Aug 2, 2010.

1. JustyMcFly

JustyMcFly New Member

I want to know howto create a custom ROM.
    Also howto create a custom notification bar.

Thanks in advance,
    Justy McFly
  2. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

No offense but when i sent you the guide on modding the neural network live wallpaper it sounded like you thought that was a little advanced. To create a rom takes tons of time and is quite an advanced thing to do. You need to understand a lot of different types of coding. I would probably say that most of the guys here who do make custom roms went to school for computers.
    A notification bar would be much easier to do and the images can be found in your framework-res.apk located in your system/framework folder
  3. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

metamorph is probly your simplest bet... i cant explain everything about it but im sure their are lots of guides on google. "MetaMorph" should lead you to your quick desires. If you actually want to create whole roms, like BB and CM do then, sorry, i am on the advance side of things (i do know alot of c programming) but their is no way i am opening that can of worms to answer a question lol. (too complicated, it requires actual coding and such, lots of work, read a book if you truly want the best guides. :))
  4. christim

christim Super Moderator

The only advice I can offer is this:
    Searching about I found a couple of threads to get you started. This rom building stuff has a learning curve to it, as noted above. Searching answers out and saving the hard questions for those who develop these things will result in a greater likelihood of getting answers as those folks are probably buried in questions which takes away from their next release. Hang out on their sections of the forum and in their irc rooms. Listen, soak it in.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/46377-how-build-rom-v2-1-a.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/43860-how-create-rom.html

Good luck and looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
  5. JustyMcFly

JustyMcFly New Member

Im actually going to school for Computer Technician So. Ha it shouldn't be to hard. Ha and ive worked on computers my whole life with my brother so i think im good. Ha but thanks for telling me man :] your always a help.
  6. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

Well I look forward to seeing your rom let me know when you start making some huge strides.