I HAVE SOLVED MY BATTERY PROBLEM!!! And maybe yours???

briandwills

Reaction score
I am rooted. I have turned off Social Location App and have frozen it in Titanium Backup. It is still showing up in my battery usage screen. What do i need to do...?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

kendeezy

Reaction score
im running on 4 hours and 15 minutes of battery and im already at 40 percent. i turned off the vzw location and share picture location. i installed jd. on the battery manager it says cell standby is 35% and phone idle is 32%. how do i drop those numbers down at all? thanks

blwn327

Reaction score
I'd like Lower Standby and Idle #'s also?

rza49311

Reaction score
TURN OFF YOUR WIFI IF YOU'RE HAVING BATTERY PROBLEMS!
If you're having battery issues like I was, then give this a shot.

I was expecting some revelation ;) Turning off wifi has been known to improve battery life since the OG.

scdown

Reaction score
I did Settings/Battery and Data Manager/Data Delivery/Social networking, and told it to pull every 30 minutes, instead of pushing. Also set my Facebook and Twitter clients to not sync (I just load the content when I want it).

Not running JuiceDefender, Wifi is disabled, I'm at 23% left after 23:30 with light usage.

wingdo

Reaction score
Same exact thing for me. I noticed this on day one when I was trying to increase batt life. Although I use the phone a lot with screen on, it has NEVER been at the top of the list for me.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I did Settings/Battery and Data Manager/Data Delivery/Social networking, and told it to pull every 30 minutes, instead of pushing. Also set my Facebook and Twitter clients to not sync (I just load the content when I want it).

Not running JuiceDefender, Wifi is disabled, I'm at 23% left after 23:30 with light usage.

That's pretty good! I used my phone a good deal yesterday and got 20 hours. So that's right in line with what you got. *I did have wifi on the whole time and have 58 items of bloat frozen.

Mondingo

Reaction score
How do you do this on the bionic? I know about battery mode. I would switch it to the best battery saver.

Jaycea22

Reaction score
That's pretty good! I used my phone a good deal yesterday and got 20 hours. So that's right in line with what you got. *I did have wifi on the whole time and have 58 items of bloat frozen.

I have the same stats as you do. Did a drain and fill and I went from 100% battery at 5:16 pm to 79% battery at 6:10 pm with very little use. Just ten minutes on words w friends. I ordered the extended battery and hope it solves my problems.

keiichi25

Reaction score
Well, a little discussion I have seen is that the 4G antenna will be sucking up the juice. Turning WiFi off will help, especailly if you are in areas you know you aren't going to use the WiFi Radio.

Thing to note, the wireless will still be on, be it 3G or LTE unless you turn airplane mode on, which disables the phone's wireless in general. (No data, no incoming calls or outgoing.) WiFi is not the same as 3G/LTE for those of you who do not know the difference. WiFi is good to save data usage, but only works when you are near a WiFi source, but not necessarily good for the battery in general.

Phone Idle and Phone standby will generally have higher percentages in the long run as those will be the state that the phone will be in when not using the phone. Short of turning off the phone, you won't be out of Phone Idle or Phone Standby. Just remember, the phone needs to periodically 'ping' the cell towers or be in a 'receptive' mode to know that it has a call or voice message. This would also be the state your phone will be in prior to your apps doing its own little pings.

I will admit, I went and got myself an extended battery so I am testing how long it will run while running in LTE mode, but prior to that, it was lasting a good part of the day before I needed to recharge on the normal battery. With the extended battery, CDMA only, I was able to go a good couple of days before hitting 40% of the extended battery.