1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I have sholes, want BB 7.5

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dredge, Feb 9, 2010.

1. dredge

dredge New Member

what would i habe to do to sholes to install bb7.5
    would i have to remove it completely or just install bb7.5 right off the bat
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Download BB7.5, reboot into recovery (turn off phone and then hold x +the power key), and make a nandroid backup of your current sholes ROM.....

Extract the file you downloaded with WinRAR (select Extract File after right clicking), get the file that comes out of the original file that you extracted, place that file in your nandroid folder on your sdcard

Reboot into recovery again, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, backup/restore, Advance Nandroid Restore, Choose Backup, then choose the one you just put on your sdcard, and select Perform restore..

Reboot and your done!
  3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Depends on which sholes you have. If it's is an older 2.0.1 ROM you can use the update method. If it's a 2.1 ROM that you have to do the nanodroid backup as posted above (and in the 7.5 thread).
  4. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

I didn't know Sholes had a 2.1 ROM? I mean I've used the 2.1 ROMs on their site under Important Files, but I didn't think they were their ROMs....
  5. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

goto settings about phone and check the firmware version that will give you your answer. If it's 2.0.1 than you can use the update method. Otherwise you'll have to use the nandroid backup.