i have no idea how titanium backup works.

jrl9851

Reaction score
I backed up all my apps before doing a wipe, now that I did the wipe how do I get them back?

mrdroid

Reaction score
I backed up all my apps before doing a wipe, now that I did the wipe how do I get them back?

You restore them...
Same way you backed them up.

There are batch processes and you can restore 1 by 1 by tapping them individually.

pudah

Reaction score

I dont have it but Im guessing you download it again, and select restore.

Do you have to have root access to use titanium?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not use Titanium but I believe you reinstall Titanium and it will download and install the apps/data you copied.

I would look at the developers web site to confirm.

Mike

xliderider

Reaction score
Open Titanium Backup, select the Backup/Restore tab at the top. Press Menu softkey, select Batch. Select Run button next to Restore all apps with data.

magicsean

Reaction score
I need instructions on how to restore using Titanium Backup.Please help....

So, let me preface this by asking you forgive my ignorance.. I have downloaded Titanium Back and purchased the pro version. My phone is rooted. My phone needs to be reset to factory and possibly needs to be replaced. I have backed up the phone a few times, changing the backups from the default of 1 to 3, and I am ready to ready to start the reset process with sprint. But what do I do after I do a factory reset?? Do I have to re-root my phone in order to restore everything using TB?? Can I just download TB and hit restore?? Please help.. My phone is trippin' and I really need it to work.. Thanks..

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
So, let me preface this by asking you forgive my ignorance.. I have downloaded Titanium Back and purchased the pro version. My phone is rooted. My phone needs to be reset to factory and possibly needs to be replaced. I have backed up the phone a few times, changing the backups from the default of 1 to 3, and I am ready to ready to start the reset process with sprint. But what do I do after I do a factory reset?? Do I have to re-root my phone in order to restore everything using TB?? Can I just download TB and hit restore?? Please help.. My phone is trippin' and I really need it to work.. Thanks..

Yes you will need to be rooted in order for Titanium Backup to work.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Titanium stores all the backups to your sd card, so if you flash a rom/reset to factory/sbf you can reinstall all of them thru titanium without needing to redownload or lose you app's data.

Also the freeze/unfreeze option simply renames the apps file from .apk to .bak and vice versa, making the app invisible to android, and causing no harm

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

magicsean

Reaction score
Thanks for the help... I was told that if I have to get a replacement phone, or when Sprint does a reset, they will make my phone un root-able. I dont know how true this is, but I am concerned that I will be unable to restore my phone. Is there any truth to this?? I had a tough time rooting my phone when I did root it.