I have no clue what forum to post this in, but I'm stuck in a bootloop

Picnicpanther

Reaction score
Hey,

So, I'm at the end of my rope. It's been three days and nothing I've done has made a bit of difference, and my battery is completely drained from trying to fix it, and it won't charge. I attempted to download and mount the latest version of Liberty from a phone using Apex 1.4.1, which is based on GB. I did a full wipe and wipe of cache, then I installed from Zip, at which point, crap hit the proverbial fan. It gets stuck on the yellow fist logo for about 3 seconds, then goes to a blank screen for 10 seconds, then repeats eternally. I can get to the stock Android recovery (the exclamation mark screen) and the bootloader, though it says 'low battery, cannot program.' the bootloader is 30.04. After doing a factory reset, cache wipe, and still nothing, I decided that my only course of action would be to SBF.

So I borrow a friend's PC (I'm running a mac) and after so much trouble with RSDlite (reinstalling drivers, toggling the DeviceID settings endlessly, etc.), it finally found the phone as a flash OMAP device, and we set about uploading the stock 2.3 .SBF. It got to 100% executed, then it would fail due to "flash process fail" and "Not enough images written" or something to that effect (like I said, I was at a friend's computer that I'm not at now), and I tried that about 10 times with the same outcome.

I then tried to write the SHADO_X6 .sbf, hoping that it would work, for some reason, and it got farther than the Stock 3.3 .SBF did. It got me to a phase where the screen on my phone changed, which the Stock one did not do, and it got me to a reboot... but that reboot booted INTO THE EXACT SAME BOOTLOOP. RSDlite told me to "please manually reboot this phone," and I did, unplugging it, and it had the same result.

By that time, I tried to go into the Bootloader again, but it said "low battery cannot program." I solicited someone with a droid X to meet me at a Starbucks yesterday morning so I could charge my phone to 20% in order to try and SBF, and he's going away on business somewhere, so he can't meet me again.

I'm so frustrated, tired, and just hopeless. Is there anyone who can help me out?

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey,

So, I'm at the end of my rope. It's been three days and nothing I've done has made a bit of difference, and my battery is completely drained from trying to fix it, and it won't charge. I attempted to download and mount the latest version of Liberty from a phone using Apex 1.4.1, which is based on GB. I did a full wipe and wipe of cache, then I installed from Zip, at which point, crap hit the proverbial fan. It gets stuck on the yellow fist logo for about 3 seconds, then goes to a blank screen for 10 seconds, then repeats eternally. I can get to the stock Android recovery (the exclamation mark screen) and the bootloader, though it says 'low battery, cannot program.' the bootloader is 30.04. After doing a factory reset, cache wipe, and still nothing, I decided that my only course of action would be to SBF.

So I borrow a friend's PC (I'm running a mac) and after so much trouble with RSDlite (reinstalling drivers, toggling the DeviceID settings endlessly, etc.), it finally found the phone as a flash OMAP device, and we set about uploading the stock 2.3 .SBF. It got to 100% executed, then it would fail due to "flash process fail" and "Not enough images written" or something to that effect (like I said, I was at a friend's computer that I'm not at now), and I tried that about 10 times with the same outcome.

I then tried to write the SHADO_X6 .sbf, hoping that it would work, for some reason, and it got farther than the Stock 3.3 .SBF did. It got me to a phase where the screen on my phone changed, which the Stock one did not do, and it got me to a reboot... but that reboot booted INTO THE EXACT SAME BOOTLOOP. RSDlite told me to "please manually reboot this phone," and I did, unplugging it, and it had the same result.

By that time, I tried to go into the Bootloader again, but it said "low battery cannot program." I solicited someone with a droid X to meet me at a Starbucks yesterday morning so I could charge my phone to 20% in order to try and SBF, and he's going away on business somewhere, so he can't meet me again.

I'm so frustrated, tired, and just hopeless. Is there anyone who can help me out?

The usual fix for bootloops are to go into recovery and then do a wipe of cache and data. That fixes most of them.

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Does the house charger work in recovery to charge it?

If you can get it charged.... I'm not sure what SBF you used, but I would use this one...
FULL 2.3.340 SBF

Once that is done, then attempt to boot into factory recovery and do a factory reset and wipe.

It sounds like you've done all of this.... but these are my thoughts.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Well if your battery is dead you have to find a way to charge it to sbf. If your trying to sbf and it says battery to low to program you need to follow that and not try to flash the sbf or your phone most likely will die during the flash process and could be a brick afterwards.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

FernBch

Reaction score
I saw a wite-up somewhere addressing this. May have been at xda or droidworld. It talked about modifying a usb cord and using it to "fool" the phone into thinking it was charged so you can get past this issue.
You could also find someone who'll charge your battery or lone you their's.

OP
P

Picnicpanther

Reaction score
Like I said, I had to solicit someone on Craigslist in order to use someone else's phone, as all of my friends are on ATT and have either a WP7 or an iPhone. I've heard of just battery chargers, but I don't know if they still carry them anywhere that I could get them today. I tried SBFing with the 3.3.34 full stock SBF, and it kept stopping right after 100% executed saying that the flash processes failed and not enough images were written, or something to that effect (in the flash logs, it always included two of each of those error codes). As I've said, I tried factory resetting and wiping cache, even after I SBFed with Shado_X6 and it went all the way through to "Manually Reboot This Phone".

OP
P

Picnicpanther

Reaction score
btw, if anyone could find that thread that allows you to trick your phone into thinking the battery's charged, that'd be awesome. I also heard somewhere on the internet that you can charge just your battery by basically mutilating a USB cord and then putting the actual wires against the contacts, is this true?

Guchi

Reaction score
I also heard somewhere on the internet that you can charge just your battery by basically mutilating a USB cord and then putting the actual wires against the contacts, is this true?

That would work if you hooked it up right but it sounds like a terrible idea(for too many reasons to list here). If you need to charge the battery while its out of the phone check eBay or Amazon for a cheap charger.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

FernBch

Reaction score
What I read talks of the what and why's of the risks. But, like with anything else, it can be done. The instructions must be followed and care must be used. When there is no other choice it can be worth it. If that is the only choice and you choose no, you still have essentially an expensive brick because it still doesn't work. I, personally, would do it to mine if I had to. A cell is definantly not the most complex or expensive device I have worked on, but this is not the case for many.

Last edited:

Rezael

Reaction score
Hey buddy you should be able to press home and power on. Press search button and do a factory reset if you sbf ed this will get ur phone out of the bootloop.

daveintheville

Reaction score
batt low cannot program

well i can tell u guys/gals this.,,,, the usb trick does infact work like a charm...ive been fighitin with my x for 3 days after installing a new rom batt would not charge ...i kept getting as far as the M screen when tring to boot...it would flash the M and then cut back off.. so i cut a usb cable got the red/pink wire and blk wire trimmed them back lined them up to the gold prong that the batt connects to in back of the phone and replaced batt....i didn't even wait to see if it was gonna charge the batt. i simply went to boot loader and wah lah it worked