I have been assimilated

Griffin

Reaction score
Switched from U.S. Cellular to Verizon. Motorola ROKR E8 to Motorola Droid. Got the wife Droid Eris. Motorola W755 for my Mom. We've had the phones for about a week now. It's been an adjustment. There have been some frustrations for sure. But overall I love the Droid. Will update as I get to know the phone better...

TimChgo9

Reaction score
Welcome to the Land of Droid.....

I have had my phone not quite 3 weeks, I think. I love it, always something new to discover about it. The only other time I remember being this excited about an electronic gadget was when we got the Atari 2600 for Christmas.....30 years ago.

Enjoy, it's a great device, and has all kinds of possibilities....

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome Griffin! What phones did you come from on US Wireless? Im trying to convince the significant other to switch to Verizon, but her heart is set on her BB on Sprint =/

OP
Griffin

Griffin

Reaction score
Welcome Griffin! What phones did you come from on US Wireless? Im trying to convince the significant other to switch to Verizon, but her heart is set on her BB on Sprint =/

We had Motorola ROKR's. Before that we had Motorola RAZR's. I'm not a Motorola fan per se. But I always end up with one! People talk crap about the RAZR's but we got the first batch before they were wildly popular and the quality control went down. After my contract expired (twice) I gave my RAZR to my mother and added her on a third line. She then had that phone for two more years. Between five and six years it has been dropped and water spilled on it, just abused and still kicking. That is a good phone. Would have kept it if it would work on Verizon.

Anyway, the Droid is my first smart phone and I'm still getting used to the touch screen. It can be a bit dodgy. Probably the same with any Capacitive touch screen I imagine. I'm also used to the one hand texting. Your wife will also have a learning curve coming from the BB. BB users are fiercely loyal. I must admit I like the one handed ease of the BB but I really don't need that unless I'm trying to text while driving, which is not a good idea anyway. People are also loyal to Sprint. Your wife may be a tough convert. But Sprint is supposed to get some nice Android phones this year. So she might convert you! It will also depend on your area. What carrier has the best coverage for you? As far as which company is best they will all screw you if given a chance.

Wife and I are getting laptops this week or next and I am looking foward to tethering. Hopfully this can continue to be done for free because I already pay $60 a month on top of my home DSL to have Internet in our pockets. Our phone bill is already close to $200 a month and I really don't think it is right to charge me for tethering on top of that.

Sorry. Long post. But, hey, it's my thread. :wink:

OP
Griffin

Griffin

Reaction score
Thanks, by the way, for the warm welcome. Wasn't really expecting anyone to respond to this thread. Makes it feel like home. I could get used to it here...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome....another member of the Droid army is always welcomed here....

OP
Griffin

Griffin

Reaction score
Well Verizon is making it harder for me to enjoy this phone. It certainly has been an up and down experience. They hit me with a $700+ bill this month. I'm supposed to go back to the Verizon store to get it sorted out. Basically I had two bad reps that either told me wrong information or signed me up for the wrong plan. They are acting like they can't do anything because it matters what the fine print says not what the associate says. But I talked to a guy yesterday that sounds like he might help me. We shall see. I will update...

OP
Griffin

Griffin

Reaction score
Droid Doesn't

The more I have this phone, the more I am regretting this decision. The cons are definitely outweighing the pros at this point. What sucks is I am only a few months in on my contract. This is going to be a long two years. I will continue to come to DF to minimize my misery. Everyone on here has been great and hopefully you are having a better experience than I.