I have a question. Please help.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by petemac85, May 9, 2010.

1. petemac85

petemac85 New Member

I was running droid mod for a few months and have decided to switch to another rom since they are lacking any updates to fix any of their problems. I was running 2.01 and decided to go to 2.1 before i installed the new rom. I am in stock mode currently at 2.01 but I do not know how to get to 2.1. Please help.
    Also, any suggestions on which rom to use would help alot. Thanks!
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

So you want to install a custom ROM... You'll have to decide which one. I know BB is popular right now, and it's what I've been using since it was released, and it's worked like a dream and done everything for me that I've wanted it to.

If I were in your position, I'd utilize ROM Manager Premium, so you can easily swap between current iterations of different ROMs...

If that's what you want to do, the first step is to obtain root access. When you've done that, get back to us.
  3. petemac85

petemac85 New Member

ok so i updated to 2.1 and now it seems that rooting has changed.. any help or guidance?
  4. LtKen

LtKen New Member

There are a ton of guides for rooting 2.1, go ahead and pull one of them down and take care of it. When you do, it'll be the same process as before.