I have a question or two

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Hi. My previous phone is a D2G, was rooted but unlike many, not to jigger the ROM but to have all the nice themes from GO Launcher. Now it looks like rooting this phone is different so I wont be able to use GO Launcher any more. :-(

My biggest complaint is how dark everything is now. I'm a girl and even tho I don't need pink, something other than black would be nice, too. Do these new root schemes support GO Launcher?

I'd like to go back to using Titanium back-up, would I also be able to still use superuser and root file readers and recovery apps like CWM?

A final side question: why is the GPS buried in the phone, only usable with VZNavigator or Google's Navigator app? Will any GPS-required app automatically use it?

Thanks all!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Go Launcher does not require root to change the theme of the phone, so you could use that now without root and make the phone look different.

And yes any GPS app will read the phones GPS if you have the right one enabled. Pretty much everything should read the standalone GPS if you have that turned on.

Also rooting this phone is very easy with the RAZR utility in the hacks section, that way you could use those root apps that you mentioned.

OP
cutiedroid

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Thanks Sydman!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums