I have a question for you rom developers

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by blue, Jul 11, 2010.

1. blue

blue Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How many of you are including the Rotting apple boot animation, or decepticon boot animation. If you are please give credit where credit is due. I had a issue not that long ago where someone took my rotting apple boot animation and turned it into a wallpaper then charged people for it on the market. I dont have a issue with you guys using it, as long as you dont start to charge people for it, then i have a huge issue with it. so please give credit where credit is due.

2. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You do realize...
    1. About three quarters of the "devs" really are just themers. They offer nothing original in the ROM. Just a theme.
    2. If you released your boot animation pics without a copyright or other license, they can use it any way they like.
    3. "Give credit where credit is due" isn't a copyright term. If you want to release it under a Creative Commons or GPL style license, you can. But you didn't. Others are free to use it.
    4. "I dont[sic] have an issue with you guys using it" means you've given up these rights.

So, to summarize, it's great that you want to start a new thread. The "rom devs" really are mostly themers. Your released boot animation is now out of your hands.

best regards,

Ehud
    P.S. Next time you create something, consider releasing it under the GPL or Creative Commons licenses... you will reserve and protect your rights. Also don't confuse those who compile a ROM from source with people who just add themes and yell "worship me, I'm a rom dev"...

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Could have fooled me. I mean I know they aren't gods but they certainly get a strong allegiance of people who seem to consider them to be gods.