I have a market problem.

vjaamm

Reaction score
I'm new to sorcery, just coming over from miui. Everytime I open the market I have to agree to the terms and service agreement

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
That is weird. That usually happens only after wiping data and cache and of course installing a new rom. Did you sign into your google account after the install?

Just to make sure, due to some "management issues" this rom is not being developed anymore and the final version of it is a bit tricky to install. The right way to do it with zero issues is to download Sourcery 2.0, 2.2 and gapps to your SD card, wipe data and cache, Flash 2.0 first, then 2.2 and gapps. After boot up it should ask you to sign in to Google.

OP
V

vjaamm

Reaction score
That's what I did. I'm gonna try it again, could be just some weird issue it got while flashing.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Let me know how it goes.. i want Sourcery to be smooth for you cause although i heard good things about MIUI i'm pretty sure you are going to be pleasantly surprised.

OP
V

vjaamm

Reaction score
Thanks, I wiped and did another install. Everything seems to be working perfect now. I made the switch after out bring recommended so much. this is definitely the one I'm sticking with.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I know what you mean, i have been on this Rom since day one (last Christmas) and that is after cruising through seven different Roms and i have been here ever since. I tried a couple of the GB roms when the GB bug started but was back on Sourcery within less than a day.

Enjoy and feel free to ask if you have any questions... One advice, there is Sourcery notification that is installed and is no longer used since its not in development anymore. You can remove it with TB. Some have mentioned getting error messages because of it and if you do just remove it.

MJ5150

Reaction score
Funny. I switched to Sourcery after being on MIUI too. I thought MIUI was THE ROM to have, then I found Sourcery.

-Mike

OP
V

vjaamm

Reaction score
There are some things about Miui I still love, like the lockscreen and the notifications pulldown, but Sourcery has been so much faster and stable for me, and the animations are just plain awesome.

silentbob343

Reaction score
Does anybody have the new version of the market working? I could not get it towork correctly, kept force closing. The version in the ROM does not too well for me and I'm wondering if going to 2.2.11 would help.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
try this

there are newer markets in alll the themes. and also at experimental number 3 if you dont want to change the theme.
at the time this rom was stopped the newer markets had a problem with crashing if not installed over the older market that is in the rom. thats why it was dont this way.

silentbob343

Reaction score
there are newer markets in alll the themes. and also at experimental number 3 if you dont want to change the theme.
at the time this rom was stopped the newer markets had a problem with crashing if not installed over the older market that is in the rom. thats why it was dont this way.
Gotcha, I got it working with the GB theme. Good ROM so far.

buellboy9

Reaction score
Gotcha, I got it working with the GB theme. Good ROM so far.

That was the one I was working with when the Market started crashing on me, too. Hmmm.

Do I read correctly? The only thing Experimental #3 does is flash the new market and leaves everything else alone?

kamisan

Reaction score
Expirament 3 should only do market. P.s. the really new market does work on this as well. Sort of busy looking but it works fine.
And exp 3 is the newest market at the time it was added to the build. It is not 'the' newest market.
But it does work.