i have a hypothesis: droid owners NOT necesarrily getting the short end of the stick

mntbikejack

Reaction score
I agree. I'm in it for at least 18 months until I upgrade and I'm sure the new Droid then will be light years ahead.

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
By short end of the stick I just mean that some owners are dissapointed that the droid gets beaten every week with the release of a new phone that's even better

Other than maybe the N1...Name a phone that does beat the Droid?

Yes. That is about it right now, but a droid 2 is rumored, so in general some people feel like its not fair.
I would agree I love my droid but I think a lot of droiders might have a little jealousy.

I wouldn't get rid of my laptop at home. Deffinately not. I hav 2 monitors and some sick specs, but with the '2012' superphones it won't leave my house nearly as much as it does now and for the GENERAL user it will PROBABLY be used a lot less outside of the home/ work

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Short end of the stick for Droid users? Who has been saying that?

I think the OP is expressing his personal feelings. I certainly don't feel like I got the short end of the stick. I don't feel I got shafted either.:)

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was a bit taken back with the N1 not gonna lie, but I do like the Droid and rarely use the onscreen keyboard, ive gotten so use to the physical keyboard. Plus I LOVE the accessories (media dock and car mount) especially the latter.

droiddict

Reaction score
Now that I've taken the plunge with a data plan, I will always eagerly look forward to whatever might be available when my next new2 comes up. I could never have given up my Droid in order to wait for something? and when I hear of problems with the Nexus 1, I'm even happier that I stuck. I actually used to say I would never use the physical keyboard, but I've had occasion to type out some messages this week and found that I might learn to appreciate having it.

Happy with my Droid

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
By short end of the stick I just mean that some owners are dissapointed that the droid gets beaten every week with the release of a new phone that's even better

Being perfectly honest and straight up here. Even if the Droid was never offered I would not get the N1. Why? I do not like HTC's hardware.

I'd rather have a car that does a quarter mile in 8.25 seconds and looks bad arse than a car that could do the quarter mile in 8 seconds but is ok looking : )

But again these things are personal preference.

I'd rather have the Original Hummer than an H2 anyday : ) thats where I'm coming from.

Zecpull

Reaction score
The Droid is better today than when they came out.....and when we get 2.1 they will be better...and who knows...How many other Cells have been as upgradeable and adaptable. The Droid is a very personal thing.My Droid is different than yours...and it is mine.

Jeremy556

Reaction score

Being perfectly honest and straight up here. Even if the Droid was never offered I would not get the N1. Why? I do not like HTC's hardware.

I'd rather have a car that does a quarter mile in 8.25 seconds and looks bad arse than a car that could do the quarter mile in 8 seconds but is ok looking : )

But again these things are personal preference.

I'd rather have the Original Hummer than an H2 anyday : ) thats where I'm coming from.
The H2 is to a Fiero with a body kit as a HUMVEE is to a Ferrari.

natty_lite

Reaction score
When did this happen? I think this is more your personal opinion then the general consensus.

I've only had my phone a couple of weeks, so I was in full position to take advantage of the N1. As a matter of fact, I still have about 2 weeks left to return it. So far, the only 2 things I can point to that are clear advantages of the N1, are the extra 256 megs of RAM, and the OLED display-which should have an asterisk beside it since it practically turns into a mirror in direct sunlight. Other than that, you'll consistently find reviewers making comments like the woman from mobiletech.com saying "the framerate is about the same" then goes on to say "the N1 controls better because its smoother" which I don't need to point out, makes no sense at all.

I'm educated enough to draw my own comparisons without the hype machine influencing me to think otherwise.

mapexvenus

Reaction score
The Droid is better today than when they came out.....and when we get 2.1 they will be better...and who knows...How many other Cells have been as upgradeable and adaptable. The Droid is a very personal thing.My Droid is different than yours...and it is mine.

I can't wait to get the N1. I understand that there may be users that absolutely love the physical keyboard but to me this is added bulk and something that I haven't been able to get used to. I really like swype and believe that using this application on the N1 will be an absolute joy.

Don't get me wrong - I like the Droid and do not regret killing my ATT contract (and paying the penalty fees) to switch to the Droid on VZW. I just think that the N1 will work better for me. If T-mobile a reliable network then I would switch to it and get the N1, but I don't think I want to leave VZQ, so I'll just wait until spring.

larochelle

Reaction score
Are you new to the planet? Hhypothesis? This is not a new paradigm. The early adopter bell curve has been around and studied for years. Not that common sense wouldn't get you to that conclusion.

asmallchild

Reaction score
i upgrade my phone every 10 months so it doesn't bother me at all

I welcome rapid and significant change.

Heck I went from a storm to a droid.

How sweet life is :)

TheBobarazzi

Reaction score
No buyer remorse here. The only thing I need (which is coming soon) is Flash and 2.1.

I will be a happy camper for a long while after that. :motdroidhoriz:

wil318466

Reaction score
For me its more about the network and the OS. Leaving Verizon isn't really an option (if it was, I'd have left years ago). Neither is the money (up to a point, that is). Its about reliability. Like I've said before, I've had Verizon as my company for at least 6 years now and I can count on one hand the number of dropped calls or where I can't get service (and this was usually in places that everyone had trouble, like a subway or the bottom of a large building).

Its Verizon only for me. The Droid is their best option in my opinion.

So, if we look at the facts above, I think we can pretty much say that the Droid is the best phone available in the United states right now. You can get a Nexus, but it isn't on Verizon's network. The processor might be faster, but we have great 3g coverage and its fast. I don't know if in real life situations you'd rather have a Nexus over a Droid. Besides, the Droid is black, which is badass.

You can get an iPhone, but its with the worst network in the universe. Droid 2 isn't out yet, and we don't even have 2.1, which will make the Droid even better. By default, we win.

And, every weekend when I goto the bar people ask me to "Play with the phone".

Winner.

There, feel better? :)

-Wil