I have a headache! I cant fingure this out!

matt.hughes915

Reaction score
I unrooted my phone, ( dmupdater ) then I purchased the set CPU to over clock droid, then I purchased the premium ROM manager from Koushik.

did some clockworkorange update from the rom manager program, backed up and cleard the cache on the phone? and downloaded the cyanogen mod 5.0.5.3 - droid mod... installed it ( stumbled though sounds more like it )

and now everything is erased off the home screen.. no market place, contacts, the apps I bought ( set cpu, rom manager, and evertthing else I spent all night downloading ) yes I do have the touch screen 3D wall paper that works then you tap on it.. ( nexus one )... but I am sure I did something wrong..

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I unrooted my phone, ( dmupdater ) then I purchased the set CPU to over clock droid, then I purchased the premium ROM manager from Koushik.

did some clockworkorange update from the rom manager program, backed up and cleard the cache on the phone? and downloaded the cyanogen mod 5.0.5.3 - droid mod... installed it ( stumbled though sounds more like it )

and now everything is erased off the home screen.. no market place, contacts, the apps I bought ( set cpu, rom manager, and evertthing else I spent all night downloading ) yes I do have the touch screen 3D wall paper that works then you tap on it.. ( nexus one )... but I am sure I did something wrong..
You didn't do anything wrong. When you left the DroidMod ROM (2.0.1 based) and went to clockwork recovery and Koush's ROM (2.1 based) you have to wipe everything out.

It's exactly what should happen for you to have everything wiped. Coming from 2.0.1 to 2.1 you basically need to re-set up your Droid. It's time consuming, but oh so worth it :)

OP
M

matt.hughes915

Reaction score
How do I reset it??

I have no clue what do to here..

All I have left on the phone is the little superuser permission GUY, and a few other icons that I have no Idea what do to with.. I need my google market place, my apps.. contacts.. the google sync software

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your Market, and contacts should still be on the phone. Did you sign back into your Google account after you flashed Koush's ROM?

I haven't gone to Clockwork Recovery, I still use SpreRecovery so I'm not sure how it all works.

Your apps that you had downloaded will need to be re downloaded however, no way around that. Price to pay coming from a 2.0.1 ROM to a 2.1 Rom.

You can revert back if you made a backup of your previous settings before switiching to Clockwork/Koush's rom. It should be a nandroid backup if you were using DroidMod.

OP
M

matt.hughes915

Reaction score
I ust need the google software to be able to sync with my gmail account, and market place.. I was hoping i could just download it, and call ita day

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You might want to check out the thread for Koush's ROM and Clockwork Recovery and see what needs to be done to move forward.

calicocal

Reaction score
So you don't have the market or any other standard apps in your app drawer? If that is the case you should probably just reinstall the rom again.

OP
M

matt.hughes915

Reaction score
I tried, everything I could from the menu when you hold down the X button.. I couldnt find anything its like the SD card is blank?

So I held down the X key, went into the nanodroid folder, and this time it let me access the backup file I thought I made, its loading something just looks like its taking FOREVER>>

I wanna stay with the new cyanogen ROM but how do I take everything over with me?

OP
M

matt.hughes915

Reaction score
yay!! it found the restore file I made.. Now how do I get all the apps to go with me? its back on the 2.0.1

how do i get the 2.1 and have all my apps n everthing come with me?

that would make me a happy camper

Dandroid247

Reaction score
yay!! it found the restore file I made.. Now how do I get all the apps to go with me? its back on the 2.0.1

how do i get the 2.1 and have all my apps n everthing come with me?

that would make me a happy camper

you could always use an app backup program, there are several in the market such as titanium. Astro will make a backup as well. youll still have to set up your homescreens though. It is a pain to do especially if you have several screens but as martin said it is well worth it.

forkup

Reaction score
It is easy, you neglected to install Google apps.