I have a Few questions/issues....

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by msuperbauer, Jul 28, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. msuperbauer

msuperbauer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So my battery life has been MISERABLE! I mean worse than my thunderbolt I swapped out for this one.. With little to no use, my battery is dead by 1pm.. So I called verizon and they said I needed to call from a different phone to see what's going on, I didn't have the time to deal with it tonight so I will try tomorrow. My questions are as follows; how do they diagnose my phone via a phone call? Can the tell if I were to be rooted? And lastly, is my battery life terrible because I just did that ee 4 no lag root and haven't flashed any Roms yet and that's the case, why?? And for the record, this is not my first droid, I started with the moto droid 1, shifted to the x, then thunderbolt, now this, all previous phones had great battery life (minus the thunderbolt). And all were rooted, no crazy widgets nada... Help is appreciated!
  2. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "So my battery life has been MISERABLE! I mean worse than my thunderbolt I swapped out for this one"
    Wow, sorry to hear that, I have had the exact opposite experience.

"And lastly, is my battery life terrible because I just did that ee 4 no lag root and haven't flashed any Roms yet and that's the case, why??"
    It shouldn't matter. I ran like that for awhile and didn't have any battery problems. I then installed a stock deodexed ROM and got rid of the bloatware I didn't want and battery life even got a bit better.

"I started with the moto droid 1, shifted to the x, then thunderbolt, now this, all previous phones had great battery life (minus the thunderbolt). And all were rooted, no crazy widgets nada.."
    Honestly, your phone and/or battery could simply be defective; it happens. One question, has it been like this from the beginning, before you installed any 3rd party apps?
  3. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would double check in your settings to see what is syncing. It sounds like something is syncing constantly and that could be draining your battery. I found on my Bolt that was the case. Go to settings > accounts & sync > and see what accounts you have listed there. Pay close attention to any Facebook or Twitter accounts as they tend to have options that sync constantly if you are not careful.

VZW will not be able to tell if you are rooted over the phone unless you start to read off the phone software stats. But, it is not against the rules to root. Rooting voids your warranty but VZW can't take your service away because you are rooted. So even if you tell them you are rooted there is nothing they can do to you except void your warranty. I have told them on all my phones that I am rooted and they were like.... "oh... okay". But really it sounds like a syncing issue.

Sorry you are having so much trouble with your Charge. I have had the exact opposite experience as I also came from a Bolt and am having great battery life in comparison to the Bolt.
  4. msuperbauer

msuperbauer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so I called Vzw, told them of my issues, and they sent me a new battery.. The NEW battery is 1600MAH and the old is 1500MAH.. Could this of been my issue!? Why/How could I have gotten the wrong battery?!
  5. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's weird. The battery that came with my phone is definitely 1600mAh, which is what they are supposed to be. I don't see the 1500 vs 1600 making that big of a difference, but if it was the wrong battery, who knows what kind of problems that could cause.

Let us know how the new battery works out.
  6. Shurple

Shurple Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had three Samsung Charges now. This one is the winner. My battery too is different from the ones previously.

3rd party apps DO kill the battery. I've narrowed down the issue and uninstalled it.... Friendcaster is a BAD BAD APP!
  7. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to hear it!

Yep, we keep telling people that 3rd party apps can and do cause problems, but they refuse to listen. Instead of testing the phone without 3rd party apps, they ignore the advice and just blame the phone.
  8. Shurple

Shurple Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually I learned from HERE how to test the phone so for the first few days i had it, i didn't install ANYTHING. It was great! Then i added the "necessity" ones and it was... GREAT. Then........

Then I installed a few apps that made my phone go insane. but i immediately knew the problem and uninstalled it (friendcaster) and voila! GREAT!
  9. AstroBoy

AstroBoy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How did you narrow it down, and what makes it a bad app?
  10. AstroBoy

AstroBoy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What makes friendcaster a bad app and how did it affect your phone?
  11. Shurple

Shurple Member

Ratings:
    +0
    **Battery hog**
    **Doesn't alert you to syncing with ur contacts so I keep getting a "your phone is low on resources" message**
    Alerts me to ghost emails and posts
    Brings me to the browser for EVERYTHING outside of a status update

Sent from my Samsung Charge using DroidForums.