I have a BRICK with a STRANGE problem. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porkweasel

Reaction score
Ok. Here is my issue that I can't figure out how to fix.

I have been running Rubix 2.0.1 and installed the Blue Gingerbread theme with no issues...until last night...

Sometime in the middle of the evening I lost cell reception and found that I was stuck in airplane mode. Nothing I did resolved the issue so I decided to SBF.

I ran through the SBF and it appears to work successfully BUT I'm stuck bootlooping on the droid eye. Not the RED droid eye mind you, but the BLUE eye from the theme I downloaded.

Any help is greatly apprecaited. I really don't want a brick right now and without the SBF working correctly I'm a little nervous. :)

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

OP
Porkweasel

Porkweasel

Reaction score
Solved issue with a manual data wipe. Phew! Trying to delete this post but can't find the delete button...still searching...

:)

jsvanham

Reaction score
Remember to go into sp recovery (power, home then search button) an do a factory reset. The fact you have a blue eye makes me wonder if you used correct sbf for your phone. Factory reset should take you from bootloop.

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Remember to go into sp recovery (power, home then search button) an do a factory reset. The fact you have a blue eye makes me wonder if you used correct sbf for your phone. Factory reset should take you from bootloop.

Its not sprecovery, thats a custom recovery for the droid 1.

Depending on where the themer put it, it's not that questionable. The rubiX boot animation is stored in /data/local, which is why if you wipe data AFTER the install, you get the android boot screen instead. I'll move the thread to the general section, as a reference for others who may have this problem.

edit: Actually, I'll just close it. I'm having a noob moment, don't know where to put it, and don't want a real mod beating me down for it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.