1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I have a bigggggg problem!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by thexxoffspring, Nov 16, 2010.

1. thexxoffspring

thexxoffspring New Member

Alright so my moms micro port on her moto droid 1 broke the other day when she dropped it while it was plugged into the computer.

This isn't such a huge deal because she can charge the battery through my droid. But the problem is she plans to bring her droid into verizon to see what they can do. But the even bigger problem is she's rooted and I tried to go back to non root using the stock rom from rom manager. Now flashing it worked. I lost clockwork mod and root capabilities. But the super user app is still there and I can't get rid of it.

I was thinking if its possible to flash an ota version through the recovery that comes on the droid.

Any feedback will help. Thanks :D

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Hate to say but I think she's out of luck. Unless she is real lucky Verizon isn't going to help her. That's what insurance is for.

Chances are that they won't check to see if it's rooted, but you never know. I think they are going to look at it and say sorry.

if you still want to bring it to stock get a copy of z4Root from the Market and install that. It will unroot th phone and install 2.2 for you. Easy peasy.
  3. thexxoffspring

thexxoffspring New Member

Well I found this launcher in the market that could hide the super user app. Other than the app there are no traces of rooty goodness lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App