I have 2 Rezounds now. What do I do?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright here is the deal. My Bionic has been giving me data drop issues lately. I called and emailed verizon about 6 times.

On the last call they told me to just buy a used Rezound on eBay. So I did. It is an almost new in box Rezound in great condition, with all original accessories.

After it had shipped out to me Verizon HQ sends me an email saying that they were sorry they couldn't resolve my issue and they are sending me a certified like new Rezound with an extended battery (I did tell them earlier in the week I was going to make a.complaint to fcc about data drops on Bionic. Maybe that's why they finally gave in).

So what are my options?

-keep the bionic and return one of the one Rezounds to verizon?
-can I sell a certified like new Rezound, or will there be esn/quality issues?
-should I sell the almost new Rezound I got on eBay? Not sure if I will get all my original money back.

I am leaning towards sending my Bionic back to verizon and keeping both Rezounds and selling one. The Rezound has a higher value than bionic. I am sure the cln will be good quality right? Or should I just sell the other one. I don't want to sell something that may break, does anyone have any experience with cln devices? Do they last long? I know my girl had a cln droid that lasted her like a year.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

kparks

Reaction score
I would keep both rezounds I would keep the clnr from vzw and sell the one u just bought u should be able to get ur money back..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I would keep both rezounds I would keep the clnr from vzw and sell the one u just bought u should be able to get ur money back..

This.

That way if for some reason they hassle you about the clnr you'll have it. Plus you can get back your money

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
On the last call they told me to just buy a used Rezound on eBay. So I did. It is an almost new in box Rezound in great condition, with all original accessories.

First off, you NEVER should have accepted that as a solution. I would have gone ape-nuts over being told to go into my pocket to replace a 4-month old product that has had issues from the start. And it appears your CS rep dropped the ball here and someone else stepped in to properly rectify your situation. So sorry about your luck there.

Otherwise, agree with others to sell the one you got off EBAY and keep the CLNR. Might be hard to get your money back after shipping and EBAY's cut, unless you can find someone in the market for a Rezound that for whatever reason needs to pay retail.

My only other suggestion would be you might actually do better breaking the package into pieces. Sell the Beats headphones separately. Sell the charger and case (if you got one) separately. Sell the battery and SD card separately. Why? Because those are all things people looking to replace a cracked screen or bricked Rezound already have, and so they won't be paying you for that. Those accessories/parts should easily net you $100, although you should seek double that - headphones worth up to $100, battery @ $30, 16gig SD @ $30, charger @ $30....all roughly retail, but you should easily be able to snag between 50-80% of retail on those almost new parts. Use the "buy it now" feature for like $200 on the accessories, and then take bids and link your Rezound auction to the accessory one.

Don't know what other people think and I'm not an experienced EBAY seller, but seems to me that's the route to maximize your price as breaking it up gives you the largest market, and hence best price, for each piece.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! I will keep the Rezounds and re-sell the eBay one. Good idea about breaking the item up and selling them separately. Those headphones are selling pretty well on eBay it seems.

On a side note can I take my 4g sim card out of my bionic and test in both phones. I want to make sure both phones work. Or should I just leave the eBay one as is before reselling?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You can try selling on swappa, that's where I sold my Incredible and got a pretty good amount for it. The Rezound is obviously newer so I think you'll find a buyer for it pretty quick. However, if you're keeping the headphones then I think you'd have better luck on ebay. Your choice though, heck you might even be able to profit off of it

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I have sold some devices on swappa. I have had good luck there. And they don't charge you if it doesn't sell I believe. I am not sure if I can make money though, based on the price that they are selling there, but maybe.

I hope I don't mess up my sim card after using it in all 3 devices.

kparks

Reaction score
Yea I have sold some devices on swappa. I have had good luck there. And they don't charge you if it doesn't sell I believe. I am not sure if I can make money though, based on the price that they are selling there, but maybe.

I hope I don't mess up my sim card after using it in all 3 devices.

Or u could keep the clnr and ship me the rezound and ill send u my tbolt... I'm thinking that would be ur best option! :)

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or u could keep the clnr and ship me the rezound and ill send u my tbolt... I'm thinking that would be ur best option! :)

Lol :) I don't know about that.