I have 2 Google Voice Invitations available - with a catch

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And the catch is, I'm looking for a really cool wallpaper for the Steelers, and another wallpaper for the Pittsburgh Penguins for my Moto Droid. The first person to volunteer to do the Steelers one will get a GV invite, and the first to volunteer for the Penguins will get a GV invite. I want the GV invites to go to two separate individuals who don't even know each other. Send your email to stormsync(at)gmail(dot)(com). Please make me a good wallpaper of each or don't volunteer to do one.

Dragoro

Reaction score
Just curious, what did you have to do to get your invite? Or was someone nice enough to just give you one and now your not passing it on?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
FYI make them send the wallpaper before you send the invite.

someone could volounteer to do it just to get the invite and then not do it.

Dragoro

Reaction score
Its just me, but I think people demandin crap for invites is plain wrong, considering in all likelyhood they did nothing to get theirs. And Ive had gv for like 6 months (forget exactly, been a long time though) so this aint me whining cause I dont wanna make a wallpaper for someone.

shugknight

Reaction score
Its just me, but I think people demandin crap for invites is plain wrong, considering in all likelyhood they did nothing to get theirs. And Ive had gv for like 6 months (forget exactly, been a long time though) so this aint me whining cause I dont wanna make a wallpaper for someone.

I agree. It's not hard to just ask someone to make a wallpaper for you.

There's many people that will be more than happy to make it for you for free, and I bet it will be the same for those that would like a Google Voice invite.

vatothe0

Reaction score
I don't think its asking too much. Better than the person that just begs for a GV invite until someone gives in.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Here. Try this one.....
20080922pd_steelers0921u_330.jpg

medicTHREE

Reaction score
What a bunch of whiners. This is perfectly fine. They are his invites and if he chooses to ask someone to do something to get one, it is up to the person who DOES someonething for them to decide what it is worth. No one is forcing anyone to take up his offer. If you take it up then you get an invite, if not, stfu.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't know I was going to be painted as a bad guy. I'm not selling them on eBay like some people are doing. I didn't think creating a simple wallpaper would start a big problem. If nobody wants to do this, then it's all cool. If someone wants to create a simple wallpaper then thats fine too.

As for how I got invites, I have been with GV since it was called Grand Central. I just happened to notice before I went to bed that some new invites arrived in my mailbox.

Vatothe0 - you crack me up. Wait till you ask for a Seahawks one!

P.S. - I'm not a bad person. Just thought it would be an easy way to give out a GV for something I was looking for, which isn't a costly thing or take a lot of time.

justin8338

Reaction score
I've got three, and a Pens logo would be pretty slick.

Attachments

• gv.jpg
    gv.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 181

Mateles

Reaction score
Give me something for free! Wah.

Anyway... I spent a few months on the wait list before I got my account and I'm saving my invites for friends and family, not complete strangers looking for a handout. I don't see any problem with asking for something in return. Google is really limiting the voice invites users are getting compared to gmail back in the day, or even google wave today.

jstrick5

Reaction score
I didn't know I was going to be painted as a bad guy. I'm not selling them on eBay like some people are doing. I didn't think creating a simple wallpaper would start a big problem. If nobody wants to do this, then it's all cool. If someone wants to create a simple wallpaper then thats fine too.

As for how I got invites, I have been with GV since it was called Grand Central. I just happened to notice before I went to bed that some new invites arrived in my mailbox.

Vatothe0 - you crack me up. Wait till you ask for a Seahawks one!

P.S. - I'm not a bad person. Just thought it would be an easy way to give out a GV for something I was looking for, which isn't a costly thing or take a lot of time.
Why would you want a Squeelers wallpaper anyway? Didn't the Browns just spank them last week out of the playoffs? I'd be embarassed to have them as my wallpaper.