I have 1 question before i dial 611 to order

rsarno

Reaction score
I am prepared to buy my 2 dIncs today. I do have 1 question though.

Earlier i read many reviews about the phone not having great reception. I then read the clarification that its just the way the phone interprets the bars, and the reception is in fact fine.

However i have read multiple conflicting reviews about it.

So aside from the displayed bars, does the dInc have reception issues? Currently on most VZW phones i have 1-2 bars in my apartment. I do occasionally drop calls.

But if the dInc will have worst reception, it will be unusable.

Thanks for any feedback.

PS, yes i know i have 30 days ... just wondering if there is any recent input on this subject.

kmo

Reaction score
I've had my INC since April 29th and have had no issues at all with phone reception. Great sound quality NO dropped calls at all.... I think maybe there have been some isolated instances where some may have (or thought they have) had a reception issue, but generally speaking this phone does not have any problem in that area.

zMd113

Reaction score
I've had my Incredible for almost 2 months and have not had a single dropped call, and I live in the middle of nowhere so you'll be fine trust me.

Guchi

Reaction score
my Dinc gets -86dbm in my living room and my friends moto is showing -92dbm (lower is better) but the droid has 3 bars and the inc has 2 bars, that was the cause of the signal rumors. i have never dropped a call on the Dinc or on the moto droid i had before for that matter

bass_lover1

Reaction score
my Dinc gets -86dbm in my living room and my friends moto is showing -92dbm (lower is better) but the droid has 3 bars and the inc has 2 bars, that was the cause of the signal rumors. i have never dropped a call on the Dinc or on the moto droid i had before for that matter

Yep. Side by side with my DInc and Moto Droid gets similar results.

They'll both have a similar dBm, but the Droid shows more bars than the Inc. Hell, it's not until my DInc is showing around -60dBm that it actually displays a full signal.

atthehop

Reaction score
I have my 2 Dincs since they were pre ordered. I live in Verizon Country and have not had a dropped call yet. I ignore the bars as long as I can make and receive calls.

zMd113

Reaction score
yeah I can make calls with 1 bar or none at all, it's just a glitch that hopefully will be fixed with the HTC update for the Incredible.

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing, but when ever I need to use the internet or make a call, the bars seem to come up and everything kicks on. I also look at the numbers every now and then, like now I have -86 dBm and 1 bar, but if I go into downtown Chicago, where my Garmin Nuvi barely gets signal, then it's 4 bars (full) and about -60 dBm. Call quality is great, never have noticed any issues with talking or understanding people. I am going to see if this phone is just as good in the basement next chance I get.