I hate to say it, but because the D2 is lacking Rom selection...

Stevennickel

Reaction score
x vs 2

You're gonna miss your droid 2. I haven't rooted OR rom'd mine and i'm completely happy with it so far. The only foreseeable advantages you're going to earn yourself are::blackdroid:

1. a 4.5in. screen and
2. the ability to skype/ tango without turning your phone around.
3. 3 more megapixels worth of camera.

as far as processors go, the droid 2 is every bit as crisp as the X and has that qwerty keyboard too. I think it's a better go round. ESPECIALLY for buy one get one.:icon_eek: So when you change over, two weeks from now you'll realize:

1. You have worse battery life because of the size of your screen.
2. You have worse signal because X uses more electricity on the screen.
AND 3. The camera's really not any better the pictures just take up more room on your SD card.

I Understand wanting change once in a while, but keep your Droid 2, wait for those ROM's to catch up with you- and snag a 4G phone next year with that upgrade when there's 10 more droids to choose from D=

Stevennickel

Reaction score
Pee Ess.... you can use that upgrade on a Verizon Iphone if you hold out with patience. Then your wife will have a droid, you'll have an iphone, and a droid if you don't like your iphone. it's win-win bro.

OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score
You're gonna miss your droid 2. I haven't rooted OR rom'd mine and i'm completely happy with it so far. The only foreseeable advantages you're going to earn yourself are::blackdroid:

1. a 4.5in. screen and

as far as processors go, the droid 2 is every bit as crisp as the X and has that qwerty keyboard too. I think it's a better go round. ESPECIALLY for buy one get one.:icon_eek: So when you change over, two weeks from now you'll realize:

AND 3. The camera's really not any better the pictures just take up more room on your SD card.

I Understand wanting change once in a while, but keep your Droid 2, wait for those ROM's to catch up with you- and snag a 4G phone next year with that upgrade when there's 10 more droids to choose from D=

You are correct with almost everything you said. But with my wife having my D2 it's almost like still having it myself. I am in the process of helping her learn how to use all its features. I have 5 lines on my account and could always give my son the X next year if a must have phone comes out. We switched our plan to their new test plan where the data packages are included.

While I already miss my D2 in a way, the X is making me feel better!

Dustin.

Reaction score
I don't really understand why you say battery life is worse? Honestly, its the same, if not better.

Reception is pretty much the same, anywhere I've taken my D2 I have the same reception on my X..

I do however, notice that the X is a little snappier than the D2, and doesn't really need to be overclocked.

Camera wise, I can tell a difference. I don't know what your personal experiences are, but those are mine.

I personally own both devices, and I've tested them both. From my standing point now, I like my DX better.

EDIT - Congrats on the X Kleen!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score

1. a 4.5in. screen and

Worse signal because of the screen sucking electricity....are you joking? It doesnt work that way.

And yes a 8mp image is better than a 5mp image, if you KNOW what megapixels stand for and how it works.

You will see the difference while increasing the size of the image, an 8x12 image will look ALOT better in 8mp then in 5. But on the small screen of a cell phone you wont notice a difference usually, at least not due to the megapixels.

PS- The screen is actually 4.3in not 4.5, and my X gets better battery life. Has alot to do with the way its set up.

Last edited:
OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score
There is no reason to put down any phone. Each of the phones has its benefits.

The D2 is just as powerful as the X, but the X certainly has BIG benefits. One thing for sure is that it's easy to get used to the size of the X! So far that's what I like the most.